Updates to the Online Edition of CDC Health Information for International Travel 2016 (The Yellow Book)
This webpage contains a listing of the permanent changes made to the online text of CDC Health Information for International Travel 2016 since its May 2015 hardcopy release.
Changes are also indicated within the online sections.
Remember to also check for current recommendations related to outbreaks or emerging situations in Travel Notices that may differ temporarily from recommendations in the Yellow Book.
September 19, 2016
June 24, 2016
Table 3-14 Countries and political units that reported no indigenous cases of rabies during 2015 has been updated to reflect more recent surveillance data.
June 14, 2016
Zika section updated to reflect most recent information and recommendations.
December 10, 2015
- Table 2-04 has been updated to reflect data from an additional reference.
Yellow fever vaccination requirements
October 05, 2015
Country-specific yellow fever vaccine requirements have been updated to reflect the most recent online publication of the WHO’s “International travel and health” country list.
Measles section update
September 10, 2015
- Measles section updated to include pregnancy as a contraindication to MMR vaccination.
September 04, 2015
- Table 8-08 has been corrected to reflect all updates for the 2016 edition.
Revised Kenya maps
August 27, 2015
Yellow fever vaccination updates
August 26, 2015
- Yellow fever vaccine recommendation for Rwanda changed to “Generally not recommended.” Tables 3-21 and 3-22, as well as Map 3-15, updated to reflect this change.
- Country-specific yellow fever vaccine requirements have been updated to indicate countries that have specified a time frame for validity of certificate of yellow fever vaccination (lifetime or 10-year validity).
- Yellow Fever section text under “Vaccine Administration” and Footnote (7) for Figure 3-02. Example international certificate of vaccination or prophylaxis (ICVP) have been updated to include pending implementation of changes to the WHO’s International Health Regulations regarding yellow fever vaccine boosters.