About the Emerging Infectious Diseases journal
Emerging Infectious Diseases is a peer reviewed, open access journal published monthly by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 1600 Clifton Road, Mailstop D61, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA. Telephone 404-639-1960, fax 404-639-1954, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Publication in EID enables compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy.
Impact Factor (ISI Citation Reports, 2013)
- Ranked 3 of 70 infectious disease journals
Google Scholar h-Index
- h5-index:73; h5-median:106
- Ranked 1st of top 20 publications in Epidemiology
- Ranked 7th among top 20 publications in Communicable Diseases
Indexing and Full Text Content
Emerging Infectious Diseases is indexed in Index Medicus/Medline, Current Contents, Excerpta Medica, Literature, Arts, and Medicine Database. Full text content is available in PubMed Central, CrossRef, and LinkOut.
Submissions and Acceptance
- Emerging Infectious Diseases receives more than 2,000 manuscripts per year (most unsolicited, some invited) from authors around the world.
- Approximately 25% of submitted articles are accepted.
- 3,550 subscribers to print version
- 81,398 subscribers to electronic table of contents
- The journal site receives millions of hits (CDC Web Statistics)
- Page created: July 21, 2009
- Page last updated: October 29, 2014
- Page last reviewed: October 29, 2014
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,
National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (NCEZID)
Office of the Director (OD)