About the Emerging Infectious Diseases journal
Emerging Infectious Diseases is an open access journal published monthly by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The journal is published online and also has a limited print run on acid free paper that meets the requirements of ANSI/NISO Z39.48-1984 (Permanence of Paper). Publication in EID enables compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy.
Emerging Infectious Diseases follows the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors recommendations for the conduct, reporting, editing, and publishing of scholarly work in medical journals. The journal’s peer review process allows for critical assessment of submitted manuscripts by experts who are usually not part of its editorial staff. As an independent publication, the journal’s peer-review process operates independently from CDC’s clearance processes.
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to Emerging Infectious Diseases do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by the Public Health Service or by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Contact us for additional information.
Impact Factor (ISI Citation Reports, 2013)
- Ranked 3 of 70 infectious disease journals
Google Scholar h-Index
- h5-index:73; h5-median:106
- Ranked 1st of top 20 publications in Epidemiology
- Ranked 7th among top 20 publications in Communicable Diseases
Indexing and Full Text Content
Emerging Infectious Diseases is indexed in Index Medicus/Medline, Current Contents, Excerpta Medica, Literature, Arts, and Medicine Database. Full text content is available in PubMed Central, CrossRef, and LinkOut.
Submissions and Acceptance
- Emerging Infectious Diseases receives more than 2,000 manuscripts per year (most unsolicited, some invited) from authors around the world.
- Approximately 25% of submitted articles are accepted.
- 3,815 subscribers to print version
- 83,560 subscribers to table of contents
- The journal site receives millions of hits annually (CDC Web Statistics)
- 148,860 unique subscribers to any of EID’s GovDelivery emails
- Page created: July 21, 2009
- Page last updated: April 21, 2015
- Page last reviewed: April 21, 2015
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,
National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (NCEZID)
Office of the Director (OD)