Volume 6, Number 6—December 2000
Erratum Vol. 6, No. 4
Additional changes were needed in the letter, First Report of Human Granulocytic Ehrlichiosis from Southern Europe (Spain), by José Oteo et al. on p. 431, column 2 and p. 432, references. The corrected sentences and references follow.
First paragraph, second sentence: “Samples were sent to Dr. Barral at the Instituto Vasco de Investigacion y Desarrollo Agrario (NEIKER) who kindly performed the assay using a set of primers based on the published sequence of the 16s rRNA of E. phagocytophila (E1: 5'-GGC ATG TAG GCG GTT CGC TAA GTT -3' and E2: 5'-CCC CAC ATT CAG CAC TCA TCG TTT A-3') (10).”
Second paragraph, second sentence: “The prevalence of E. phagocytophila genogroup in the tick Ixodes ricinus is high (24.1% of nymphs, determined by PCR) (11) in La Rioja, and evidence of HGE infection in patients at risk has been reported (12).”
11. Gil H, Barral M, Jimenez S, Perez A, Oteo JA, Juste RA, Garcia-Perez AL. Especies de garrapatas presentes en la vegetacion de la comunidad autonoma de La Rioja: Estudio de la infeccion por el grupo Ehrlichia phagocytophila [Tick species present in vegetation in the autonomous community of La Rioja. Study of infection by Ehrlichia phagocytophila group]. I Reunion Nacional del Grupo de Rickettsias y Borrelias [I National Meeting of the Rickettsia and Borrelia working group]. Haro. La Rioja. Spain. 28th-30th October, 1998.
12. Oteo JA, Blanco JR. Human granulocytic ehrlichiosis. An emerging zoonosis in our medium? Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 1999;17:267-8.
We regret any confusion this error may have caused.
Comments to the EID Editors
Please contact the EID Editors via our Contact Form.
- Page created: December 17, 2010
- Page last updated: December 17, 2010
- Page last reviewed: December 17, 2010
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,
National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (NCEZID)
Office of the Director (OD)