Volume 10, Number 12—December 2004
Antibodies to SARS-Coronavirus in Civets
- World Health Organization. Summary of probable SARS cases with onset of illness from 1 November 2002 to 31 July 2003. Geneva: The Organization; 2003 Sep 26 [cited 2004 Oct 14]. Available from http://www.who.int/csr/sars/country/table2003_09_23/en/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevalence of IgG antibody to SARS-associated coronavirus in animal traders—Guangdong Province, China, 2003. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2003;52:986–7.
- Xu R-H, He J-F, Evans MR, Peng G-W, Field HE, Yu D-W, Epidemiologic clues to SARS origin in China. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004;10:1030–7.
- Guan Y, Zheng BJ, He YQ, Li XL, Zhuang ZX, Cheung CL, Isolation and characterization of viruses related to the SARS coronavirus from animals in southern China. Science. 2003;302:276–8.
- Fouchier RA, Kuiken T, Schutten M, van Amerongen G, van Doomum GJ, van den Hoogen BG, Aeitiology: Koch’s postulates fulfilled for SARS virus. Nature. 2003;423:240.
- Martina BEE, Haagmans BL, Kuiken T, Fouchier RAM, Rimmelzwaan GF, van Amerogan G, SARS virus infection of cats and ferrets. Nature. 2003;425:915.
- Subbarao K, McAuliffe J, Vogel L, Fahle G, Fischer S, Tatti K, Prior infection and passive transfer of neutralizing antibody prevent replication of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus in the respiratory tract of mice. J Virol. 2004;78:3572–7.
- Wentworth DE, Gillim-Ross L, Espina N, Bernard KA. Mice susceptible to SARS coronavirus. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004;10:1293–6.
- Weingartl HM, Copps J, Drebot MA, Marszal P, Smith G, Gren J, Susceptibility of pigs and chickens to SARS coronavirus. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004;10:179–84.
- Watts J. China culls wild animals to prevent new SARS threat. Lancet. 2004;363:134.
Page created: April 14, 2011
Page updated: April 14, 2011
Page reviewed: April 14, 2011
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.