Volume 12, Number 1—January 2006
Genetic Diversity of Sapovirus in Children, Australia
- Johansson PJ, Bergentoft K, Larsson PA, Magnusson G, Widell A, Thorhagen M, A nosocomial sapovirus-associated outbreak of gastroenteritis in adults. Scand J Infect Dis. 2005;37:200–4.
- de Wit MA, Koopmans MP, van Duynhoven YT. Risk factors for norovirus, Sapporo-like virus, and group A rotavirus gastroenteritis. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003;9:1563–70.
- Hansman GS, Katayama K, Maneekarn N, Peerakome S, Khamrin P, Tonusin S, Genetic diversity of norovirus and sapovirus in hospitalized infants with sporadic cases of acute gastroenteritis in Chiang Mai, Thailand. J Clin Microbiol. 2004;42:1305–7.
- Okada M, Shinozaki K, Ogawa T, Kaiho I. Molecular epidemiology and phylogenetic analysis of Sapporo-like viruses. Arch Virol. 2002;147:1445–51.
- Farkas T, Zhong WM, Jing Y, Huang PW, Espinosa SM, Martinez N, Genetic diversity among sapoviruses. Arch Virol. 2004;149:1309–23.
- Schuffenecker I, Ando T, Thouvenot D, Lina B, Aymard M. Genetic classification of “Sapporo-like viruses.”. Arch Virol. 2001;146:2115–32.
- Katayama K, Miyoshi T, Uchino K, Oka T, Tanaka T, Takeda N, Novel recombinant sapovirus. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004;10:1874–6.
- Katayama K, Shirato-Horikoshi H, Kojima S, Kageyama T, Oka T, Hoshino F, Phylogenetic analysis of the complete genome of 18 Norwalk-like viruses. Virology. 2002;299:225–39.
- Bull RA, Hansman GS, Clancy LE, Tanaka MM, Rawlinson WD, White PA. Norovirus recombination in ORF1/ORF2 overlap. Emerg Infect Dis. 2005;11:1079–85.
- Guntapong R, Hansman GS, Oka T, Ogawa S, Kageyama T, Pongsuwanna Y, Norovirus and sapovirus infections in Thailand. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2004;57:276–8.
- Kirkwood CD, Bishop RF. Molecular detection of human calicivirus in young children hospitalized with acute gastroenteritis in Melbourne, Australia, during 1999. J Clin Microbiol. 2001;39:2722–4.
- Wright PJ, Gunesekere IC, Doultree JC, Marshall JA. Small round-structured (Norwalk-like) viruses and classical human caliciviruses in southeastern Australia, 1980–1996. J Med Virol. 1998;55:312–20.
- Grohmann G, Glass RI, Gold J, James M, Edwards P, Borg T, Outbreak of human calicivirus gastroenteritis in a day-care center in Sydney, Australia. J Clin Microbiol. 1991;29:544–50.
- Kirkwood CD, Clark R, Bogdanovic-Sakran N, Bishop RF. A 5-year study of the prevalence and genetic diversity of human caliciviruses associated with sporadic cases of acute gastroenteritis in young children admitted to hospital in Melbourne, Australia (1998–2002). J Med Virol. 2005;77:96–101.
- White PA, Hansman GS, Li A, Dable J, Isaacs M, Ferson M, Norwalk-like virus 95/96-US strain is a major cause of gastroenteritis outbreaks in Australia. J Med Virol. 2002;68:113–8.
CrossRef reports the first author should be "Hugo Johansson" not "Johansson" in reference 1 "Johansson, Bergentoft, Larsson, Magnusson, Widell, Thorhagen, et al., 2005".
Page created: February 21, 2012
Page updated: February 21, 2012
Page reviewed: February 21, 2012
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.