Volume 14, Number 12—December 2008
Candidate New Species of Kobuvirus in Porcine Hosts
- Online ICTV. Discussion forum of the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses, ICTV 2008 Official Taxonomy [cited 2008 Oct 22]. Available from http://talk.ictvonline.org
- Yamashita T, Kobayashi S, Sakae K, Nakata S, Chiba S, Ishihara Y, Isolation of cytopathic small round viruses with BS-C-1 cells from patients with gastroenteritis. J Infect Dis. 1991;164:954–7.
- Yamashita T, Ito M, Kabashima Y, Tsuzuki H, Fujiura A, Sakae K. Isolation and characterization of a new species of kobuvirus associated with cattle. J Gen Virol. 2003;84:3069–77.
- Pham NT, Khamrin P, Nguyen TA, Kanti DS, Phan TG, Okitsu S, Isolation and molecular characterization of Aichi viruses from fecal specimens collected in Japan, Bangladesh, Thailand, and Vietnam. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:2287–8.
- Oh DY, Silva PA, Hauroeder B, Deidrich S, Cardoso DD, Schreier E. Molecular characterization of the first Aichi viruses isolated in Europe and in South America. Arch Virol. 2006;151:1199–206.
- Ambert-Balay K, Lorrot M, Bon F, Giraudon H, Kaplon J, Wolfer M, Prevalence and genetic diversity of Aichi virus strains in stool samples from community and hospitalized patients. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:1252–8.
- Khamrin P, Maneekarn N, Peerakome S, Okitsu S, Mizuguchi M, Ushijama H. Bovine kobuviruses from cattle with diarrhea. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:985–6.
- Jiang X, Huang PW, Zhong WM, Farkas T, Cubitt DW, Matson DO. Design and evaluation of a primer pair that detects both Norwalk- and Sapporo-like caliciviruses by RT-PCR. J Virol Methods. 1999;83:145–54.
- Reuter G, Krisztalovics K, Vennema H, Koopmans M. Szűcs Gy. Evidence of the etiological predominance of norovirus in gastroenteritis outbreaks—emerging new variant and recombinant noroviruses in Hungary. J Med Virol. 2005;76:598–607.
- Tamura K, Dudley J, Nei M, Kumar S. MEGA4: molecular evolutionary genetics analysis (MEGA) software version 4.0. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:1596–9.
Page created: July 22, 2010
Page updated: July 22, 2010
Page reviewed: July 22, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.