Volume 15, Number 12—December 2009
New Adenovirus in Bats, Germany
- Wibbelt G, Speck S, Field H. Methods for assessing diseases in bats. In: Kunz TH, Parsons S, editors. Ecological and behavioral methods for the study of bats. Baltimore (MD): Johns Hopkins University Press; 2009. p. 775–794.
- Johnson N, Wakeley PR, Brookes SM, Fooks AR. European bat lyssavirus type 2 RNA in Myotis daubentonii. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12:1142–4.
- Halpin K, Young PL, Field HE, Mackenzie JS. Isolation of Hendra virus from pteropid bats: a natural reservoir of Hendra virus. J Gen Virol. 2000;81:1927–32.
- Chua KB, Koh CL, Hooi PS, Wee KF, Khong JH, Chua BH, Isolation of Nipah virus from Malaysian Island flying-foxes. Microbes Infect. 2002;4:145–51.
- Lau SK, Woo PC, Li KS, Huang Y, Tsoi HW, Wong BH, Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-like virus in Chinese horseshoe bats. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:14040–5.
- Calisher CH, Childs JE, Field HE, Holmes KV, Schountz T. Bats: important reservoir hosts of emerging viruses. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2006;19:531–45.
- Wibbelt G, Kurth A, Yasmum N, Bannert M, Nagel S, Nitsche A, Discovery of herpesviruses in bats. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:2651–5.
- Gloza-Rausch F, Ipsen A, Seebens A, Göttsche M, Panning M, Drexler JF, Detection and prevalence patterns of group I coronaviruses in bats, northern Germany. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:626–31.
- Linacre A, Lee JC. Species determination: the role and use of the cytochrome b gene. Methods Mol Biol. 2005;297:45–52.
- Wellehan JF, Johnson AJ, Harrach B, Benko M, Pessier AP, Johnson CM, Detection and analysis of six lizard adenoviruses by consensus primer PCR provides further evidence of a reptilian origin for the atadenoviruses. J Virol. 2004;78:13366–9.
- van der Hoek L, Pyrc K, Jebbink MF, Vermeulen-Oost W, Berkhout RJ, Wolthers KC, Identification of a new human coronavirus. Nat Med. 2004;10:368–73.
- Maeda K, Hondo E, Terakawa J, Kiso Y, Nakaichi N, Endoh D, Isolation of novel adenovirus from fruit bat (Pteropus dasymallus yayeyamae). Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:347–9.
- Schrenzel M, Oaks JL, Rotstein D, Maalouf G, Snook E, Sandfort C, Characterization of a new species of adenovirus in falcons. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:3402–13.
- Harrach B. Adenoviruses: general features. In: Mahy BW, van Regenmortel MH, editors. Encyclopedia of virology. Oxford: Elsevier; 2008. p. 1–9.
Page created: December 09, 2010
Page updated: December 09, 2010
Page reviewed: December 09, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.