Volume 20, Number 2—February 2014
Co-circulation of West Nile Virus Variants, Arizona, USA, 2010
- Gibney KB, Colborn J, Baty S, Bunko Patterson AM, Sylvester T, Briggs G, Modifiable risk factors for West Nile virus infection during an outbreak, Arizona, 2010. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2012;86:895–901.
- Godsey MS Jr, Burkhalter K, Young G, Delorey M, Smith K, Townsend J, Entomologic investigations during an outbreak of West Nile virus disease in Maricopa County, Arizona, 2010. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2012;87:1125–31.
- Drummond AJ, Rambaut A. BEAST: Bayesian evolutionary analysis by sampling trees. BMC Evol Biol. 2007;7:214.
- Añez G, Grinev A, Chancey C, Ball C, Akolkar N, Land KJ, Evolutionary dynamics of West Nile virus in the United States, 1999–2011: phylogeny, selection pressure and evolutionary time-scale analysis. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2013;7:e2245.
- Bakonyi T, Hubalek Z, Rudolf I, Nowotny N. Novel flavivirus or new lineage of West Nile virus, central Europe. Emerg Infect Dis. 2005;11:225–31.
- Li L, Barrett AD, Beasley DW. Differential expression of domain III neutralizing epitopes on the envelope proteins of West Nile virus strains. Virology. 2005;335:99–105.
- McMullen AR, Albayrak H, May FJ, Davis CT, Beasley DW, Barrett AD. Molecular evolution of lineage 2 West Nile virus. J Gen Virol. 2013;94:318–25.
- Papa A, Bakonyi T, Xanthopoulou K, Vazquez A, Tenorio A, Nowotny N. Genetic characterization of West Nile virus lineage 2, Greece, 2010. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:920–2.
- Bakonyi T, Ivanics E, Erdelyi K, Ursu K, Ferenczi E, Weissenbock H, Lineage 1 and 2 strains of encephalitic West Nile virus, central Europe. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12:618–23.
- McMullen AR, May FJ, Li L, Guzman H, Bueno R Jr, Dennett JA, Evolution of new genotype of West Nile virus in North America. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:785–93.
- Zhang S, Bovshik EI, Maillard R, Gromowski GD, Volk DE, Schein CH, Role of BC loop residues in structure, function and antigenicity of the West Nile virus envelope protein receptor-binding domain III. Virology. 2010;403:85–91.
- Brault AC. Changing patterns of West Nile virus transmission: altered vector competence and host susceptibility. Vet Res. 2009;40:43.
- Beasley DW, Davis CT, Guzman H, Vanlandingham DL, Travassos da Rosa AP, Parsons RE, Limited evolution of West Nile virus has occurred during its southwesterly spread in the United States. Virology. 2003;309:190–5.
- Mann BR, McMullen AR, Guzman H, Tesh RB, Barrett AD. Dynamic transmission of West Nile virus across the United States–Mexican border. Virology. 2013;436:75–80.
- Duggal NK, D’Anton M, Xiang J, Seiferth R, Day J, Nasci R, Sequence analyses of 2012 west nile virus isolates from Texas fail to associate viral genetic factors with outbreak magnitude. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2013;89:205–10 .
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: January 17, 2014
Page updated: January 17, 2014
Page reviewed: January 17, 2014
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.