Volume 22, Number 10—October 2016
Chikungunya Virus in Febrile Humans and Aedes aegypti Mosquitoes, Yucatan, Mexico
- Weaver SC, Forrester NL. Chikungunya: evolutionary history and recent epidemic spread. Antiviral Res. 2015;120:32–9.
- Powers AM. Risks to the Americas associated with the continued expansion of chikungunya virus. J Gen Virol. 2015;96:1–5.
- Rivera-Ávila RC. Chikungunya fever in Mexico: confirmed case and notes on the epidemiologic response [in Spanish]. Salud Publica Mex. 2014;56:402–4.
- Díaz-Quinonez JA, Ortiz-Alcantara J, Fragoso-Fonseca DE, Garces-Ayala F, Escobar-Escamilla N, Vazquez-Pichardo M, Complete genome sequences of chikungunya virus strains isolated in Mexico: first detection of imported and autochthonous cases. Genome Announc. 2015;3:e00300–15.
- Kautz TF, Diaz-Gonzalez EE, Erasmus JH, Malo-Garcia IR, Langsjoen RM, Patterson EI, Chikungunya virus as cause of febrile illness outbreak, Chiapas, Mexico, 2014. Emerg Infect Dis. 2015;21:2070–3.
- Díaz-González EE, Kautz TF, Dorantes-Delgado A, Malo-Garcia IR, Laguna-Aguilar M, Langsjoen RM, First report of Aedes aegypti transmission of chikungunya virus in the Americas. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2015;93:1325–9.
- Darsie RF Jr. A survey and bibliography of the mosquito fauna of Mexico (Diptera: Culicidae). J Am Mosq Control Assoc. 1996;12:298–306.
- Lanciotti RS, Calisher CH, Gubler DJ, Chang GJ, Vorndam AV. Rapid detection and typing of dengue viruses from clinical samples by using reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction. J Clin Microbiol. 1992;30:545–51.
- Tsetsarkin KA, Weaver SC. Sequential adaptive mutations enhance efficient vector switching by chikungunya virus and its epidemic emergence. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002412.
- Tsetsarkin KA, Vanlandingham DL, McGee CE, Higgs S. A single mutation in chikungunya virus affects vector specificity and epidemic potential. PLoS Pathog. 2007;3:e201.
- Edgar RC. MUSCLE: multiple sequence alignment with high accuracy and high throughput. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:1792–7.
- Felsenstein J. PHYLIP: Phylogeny Inference Package (version 3.2). Cladistics. 1989;5:164–6.
- Huerta-Cepas J, Dopazo J, Gabaldon T. ETE: a python environment for tree exploration. BMC Bioinformatics. 2010;11:24.
- Chang S-F, Su C-L, Shu P-Y, Yang C-F, Liao T-L, Cheng C-H, Concurrent isolation of chikungunya virus and dengue virus from a patient with coinfection resulting from a trip to Singapore. J Clin Microbiol. 2010;48:4586–9.
- Parreira R, Centeno-Lima S, Lopes A, Portugal-Calisto D, Constantino A, Nina J. Dengue virus serotype 4 and chikungunya virus coinfection in a traveller returning from Luanda, Angola, January 2014. Euro Surveill. 2014;19:20730.
Page created: September 19, 2016
Page updated: September 19, 2016
Page reviewed: September 19, 2016
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.