Volume 22, Number 4—April 2016
Severe Infections with Human Adenovirus 7d in 2 Adults in Family, Illinois, USA, 2014
- Murtagh P, Cerqueiro C, Halac A, Avila M, Kajon A. Adenovirus type 7h respiratory infections: a report of 29 cases of acute lower respiratory disease. Acta Paediatr. 1993;82:557–61.
- Selvaraju SB, Kovac M, Dickson LM, Kajon AE, Selvarangan R. Molecular epidemiology and clinical presentation of human adenovirus infections in Kansas City children. J Clin Virol. 2011;51:126–31.
- Odièvre MH, Danékova N, Picard C, Mesples B, BenCheikha Z, Avran D, Pneumonia due to adenovirus type 7: a case report in a healthy infant. Arch Pediatr. 2011;18:772–7 .
- Low SY, Tan TT, Lee CH, Loo CM, Chew HC. Severe adenovirus pneumonia requiring extracorporeal membrane oxygenation support–Serotype 7 revisited. Respir Med. 2013;107:1810–3.
- Hung KH, Lin LH. Adenovirus pneumonia complicated with acute respiratory distress syndrome: a case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2015;94:e776.
- Cui X, Wen L, Wu Z, Liu N, Yang C, Liu W, Human adenovirus type 7 infection associated with severe and fatal acute lower respiratory illness and nosocomial transmission. J Clin Microbiol. 2015;53:746–9.
- Kajon AE, Dickson LM, Fisher BT, Hodinka RL. Fatal disseminated adenovirus infection in a young adult with systemic lupus erythematosus. J Clin Virol. 2011;50:80–3.
- Kajon AE, Erdman DD. Assessment of genetic variability among subspecies B1 human adenoviruses for molecular epidemiology studies. Methods Mol Med. 2007;131:335–55.
- Li QG, Zheng QJ, Liu YH, Wadell G. Molecular epidemiology of adenovirus types 3 and 7 isolated from children with pneumonia in Beijing. J Med Virol. 1996;49:170–7.
- Tamura K, Stecher G, Peterson D, Filipski A, Kumar S. MEGA6: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis version 6.0. Mol Biol Evol. 2013;30:2725–9.
- Zhao S, Wan C, Ke C, Seto J, Dehghan S, Zou L, Re-emergent human adenovirus genome type 7d caused an acute respiratory disease outbreak in southern China after a twenty-one year absence. Sci Rep. 2014;4:7365.
- Tsou TP, Tan BF, Chang HY, Chen WC, Huang YP, Lai CY, Community outbreak of adenovirus, Taiwan, 2011. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:1825–32 .
- Erdman DD, Xu W, Gerber SI, Gray GC, Schnurr D, Kajon AE, Molecular epidemiology of adenovirus type 7 in the United States, 1966–2000. Emerg Infect Dis. 2002;8:269–77.
- Ng OT, Thoon KC, Chua HY, Tan NW, Chong CY, Tee NW, Severe pediatric adenovirus 7 disease in Singapore linked to recent outbreaks across Asia. Emerg Infect Dis. 2015;21:1192–6.
- Wadell G, Varsányi TM, Lord A, Sutton RN. Epidemic outbreaks of adenovirus 7 with special reference to the pathogenicity of adenovirus genome type 7b. Am J Epidemiol. 1980;112:619–28.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: March 16, 2016
Page updated: March 16, 2016
Page reviewed: March 16, 2016
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.