Volume 22, Number 4—April 2016
Chronic Infection of Domestic Cats with Feline Morbillivirus, United States
- Woo PC, Lau SK, Wong BH, Fan RY, Wong AY, Zhang AJ, Feline morbillivirus, a previously undescribed paramyxovirus associated with tubulointerstitial nephritis in domestic cats. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:5435–40.
- Furuya T, Sassa Y, Omatsu T, Nagai M, Fukushima R, Shibutani M, Existence of feline morbillivirus infection in Japanese cat populations. Arch Virol. 2014;159:371–3.
- Nambulli S, Sharp CR, Acciardo AS, Drexler JF, Duprex WP. Mapping the evolutionary trajectories of morbilliviruses: what, where, and whither. Curr Opin Virol. 2016. In press.
- Simmonds P. SSE: a nucleotide and amino acid sequence analysis platform. BMC Res Notes. 2012;5:50.
- Tamura K, Peterson D, Peterson N, Stecher G, Nei M, Kumar S. MEGA5: molecular evolutionary genetics analysis using maximum likelihood, evolutionary distance, and maximum parsimony methods. Mol Biol Evol. 2011;28:2731–9.
- Drexler JF, Corman VM, Müller MA, Maganga GD, Vallo P, Binger T, Bats host major mammalian paramyxoviruses. Nat Commun. 2012;3:796.
- Parrish CR, Kawaoka Y. The origins of new pandemic viruses: the acquisition of new host ranges by canine parvovirus and influenza A viruses. Annu Rev Microbiol. 2005;59:553–86.
- Ludlow M, Rennick LJ, Nambulli S, de Swart RL, Duprex WP. Using the ferret model to study morbillivirus entry, spread, transmission and cross-species infection. Curr Opin Virol. 2014;4:15–23.
- Rima BK, Duprex WP. Molecular mechanisms of measles virus persistence. Virus Res. 2005;111:132–47.
- Lawler DF, Evans RH, Chase K, Ellersieck M, Li Q, Larson BT, The aging feline kidney: a model mortality antagonist? J Feline Med Surg. 2006;8:363–71.
Page created: March 16, 2016
Page updated: March 16, 2016
Page reviewed: March 16, 2016
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.