Volume 22, Number 6—June 2016
MERS-CoV Infection of Alpaca in a Region Where MERS-CoV is Endemic
- Chan JF, Lau SK, To KK, Cheng VC, Woo PC, Yuen KY. Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus: another zoonotic betacoronavirus causing SARS-like disease. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2015;28:465–522.
- Haagmans BL, Al Dhahiry SH, Reusken CB, Raj VS, Galiano M, Myers R, Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in dromedary camels: an outbreak investigation. Lancet Infect Dis. 2014;14:140–5.
- Reusken CB, Farag EA, Haagmans BL, Mohran KA, Godeke GJVV, Raj S, Occupational exposure to dromedaries and risk for MERS-CoV infection, Qatar, 2013–2014. Emerg Infect Dis. 2015;21:1422–5.
- Reusken CB, Haagmans BL, Müller MA, Gutierrez C, Godeke GJ, Meyer B, Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus neutralising serum antibodies in dromedary camels: a comparative serological study. Lancet Infect Dis. 2013;13:859–66.
- Koopmans M, de Bruin E, Godeke GJ, Friesema I, van Gageldonk R, Schipper M, Profiling of humoral immune responses to influenza viruses by using protein microarray. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2012;18:797–807.
- Corman VM, Eckerle I, Bleicker T, Zaki A, Landt O, Eschbach-Bludau M, Detection of a novel human coronavirus by real-time reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction. Euro Surveill. 2012;17:20285 .
- Sabir JS, Lam TT, Ahmed MM, Li L, Shen Y, Abo-Aba SE, Co-circulation of three camel coronavirus species and recombination of MERS-CoVs in Saudi Arabia. Science. 2016;351:81–4.
- Eckerle I, Corman VM, Müller MA, Lenk M, Ulrich RG, Drosten C. Replicative capacity of MERS coronavirus in livestock cell lines. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:276–9 .
- Chan SM, Damdinjav B, Perera RA, Chu DK, Khishgee B, Enkhbold B, Absence of MERS-coronavirus in Bactrian camels, southern Mongolia, November 2014. Emerg Infect Dis. 2015;21:1269–71.
- Wernery U, Kinne J. Foot and mouth disease and similar virus infections in camelids: a review. Rev Sci Tech. 2012;31:907–18 .
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: May 17, 2016
Page updated: May 17, 2016
Page reviewed: May 17, 2016
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.