Volume 22, Number 6—June 2016
Zika Virus in a Traveler Returning to China from Caracas, Venezuela, February 2016
- Besnard M, Lastere S, Teissier A, Cao-Lormeau V, Musso D. Evidence of perinatal transmission of Zika virus, French Polynesia, December 2013 and February 2014. Euro Surveill. 2014;19:20751.
- Musso D, Roche C, Robin E, Nhan T, Teissier A, Cao-Lormeau VM. Potential sexual transmission of Zika virus. Emerg Infect Dis. 2015;21:359–61.
- Ioos S, Mallet HP, Leparc Goffart I, Gauthier V, Cardoso T, Herida M. Current Zika virus epidemiology and recent epidemics. Med Mal Infect. 2014;44:302–7.
- Pan American Health Organization, World Health Organization. Epidemiological update: neurological syndrome, congenital anomalies, and Zika virus infection (17 January 2016) [cited 2016 Mar 7]. http://www.paho.org/hq/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&Itemid=270&gid=32879&lang=en
- Bogoch II, Brady OJ, Kraemer MU, German M, Creatore MI, Kulkarni MA, Anticipating the international spread of Zika virus from Brazil. Lancet. 2016;387:335–6.
- Xu RM. Geographic distribution of Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus. In: Lu, ML, ed. Vector of dengue fever and its prevention and control in mainland China. Gui Zhou (China): Gui Zhou People’s Press; 1990. p. 51–55.
- Pang Z, Li A, Li J, Qu J, He C, Zhang S, Comprehensive multiplex one-step real-time TaqMan qRT-PCR assays for detection and quantification of hemorrhagic fever viruses. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e95635.
- Tamura K, Nei M. Estimation of the number of nucleotide substitutions in the control region of mitochondrial DNA in humans and chimpanzees. Mol Biol Evol. 1993;10:512–26 .
- Duffy MR, Chen TH, Hancock WT, Powers AM, Kool JL, Lanciotti RS, Zika virus outbreak on Yap Island, Federated States of Micronesia. N Engl J Med. 2009;360:2536–43.
- Lu L, Lin H, Tian L, Yang W, Sun J, Liu Q. Time series analysis of dengue fever and weather in Guangzhou, China. BMC Public Health. 2009;9:395.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: May 17, 2016
Page updated: May 17, 2016
Page reviewed: May 17, 2016
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.