Volume 23, Number 2—February 2017
Low Circulation of Zika Virus, Cambodia, 2007–2016
- Simpson DI. Zika virus infection in man. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 1964;58:335–8.
- Musso D, Gubler DJ. Zika Virus. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2016;29:487–524.
- Duffy MR, Chen TH, Hancock WT, Powers AM, Kool JL, Lanciotti RS, et al. Zika virus outbreak on Yap Island, Federated States of Micronesia. N Engl J Med. 2009;360:2536–43.
- Campos GS, Bandeira AC, Sardi SI. Zika virus outbreak, Bahia, Brazil. Emerg Infect Dis. 2015;21:1885–6.
- ProMED. Zika virus (44): Singapore, alert, travel advice [cited 2016 Sept 2]. http://www.promedmail.org, archive no. 20160902.4459546
- Cauchemez S, Besnard M, Bompard P, Dub T, Guillemette-Artur P, Eyrolle-Guignot D, et al. Association between Zika virus and microcephaly in French Polynesia, 2013-15: a retrospective study. Lancet. 2016;387:2125–32.
- Plourde AR, Bloch EM. A literature review of Zika virus. Emerg Infect Dis. 2016;22:1185–92.
- Huy R, Buchy P, Conan A, Ngan C, Ong S, Ali R, et al. National dengue surveillance in Cambodia 1980-2008: epidemiological and virological trends and the impact of vector control. Bull World Health Organ. 2010;88:650–7.
- Heang V, Yasuda CY, Sovann L, Haddow AD, Travassos da Rosa AP, Tesh RB, et al. Zika virus infection, Cambodia, 2010. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:349–51.
- Lanciotti RS, Kosoy OL, Laven JJ, Velez JO, Lambert AJ, Johnson AJ, et al. Genetic and serologic properties of Zika virus associated with an epidemic, Yap State, Micronesia, 2007. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:1232–9.
- Balm MND, Lee CK, Lee HK, Chiu L, Koay ESC, Tang JW. A diagnostic polymerase chain reaction assay for Zika virus. J Med Virol. 2012;84:1501–5.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Interim guidance for Zika virus testing of urine—United States, 2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016;65:474.
- Andries AC, Duong V, Ly S, Cappelle J, Kim KS, Lorn Try P, et al. Value of routine dengue diagnostic tests in urine and saliva specimens. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2015;9:e0004100.
- Tamura K, Peterson D, Peterson N, Stecher G, Nei M, Kumar S. MEGA5: molecular evolutionary genetics analysis using maximum likelihood, evolutionary distance, and maximum parsimony methods. Mol Biol Evol. 2011;28:2731–9.
- ProMED. Zika virus (11): Americas, Europe, Asia [cited 2016 Mar 1]. http://www.promedmail.org, archive no. 20160301.4059896.
Page created: January 17, 2017
Page updated: January 17, 2017
Page reviewed: January 17, 2017
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.