Volume 23, Number 6—June 2017
Outbreaks of Tilapia Lake Virus Infection, Thailand, 2015–2016
- Crane M, Hyatt A. Viruses of fish: an overview of significant pathogens. Viruses. 2011;3:2025–46.
- Keawcharoen J, Techangamsuwan S, Ponpornpisit A, Lombardini ED, Patchimasiri T, Pirarat N. Genetic characterization of a betanodavirus isolated from a clinical disease outbreak in farm-raised tilapia Oreochromis niloticus (L.) in Thailand. J Fish Dis. 2015;38:49–54.
- Shlapobersky M, Sinyakov MS, Katzenellenbogen M, Sarid R, Don J, Avtalion RR. Viral encephalitis of tilapia larvae: primary characterization of a novel herpes-like virus. Virology. 2010;399:239–47.
- Eyngor M, Zamostiano R, Kembou Tsofack JE, Berkowitz A, Bercovier H, Tinman S, et al. Identification of a novel RNA virus lethal to tilapia. J Clin Microbiol. 2014;52:4137–46.
- Ferguson HW, Kabuusu R, Beltran S, Reyes E, Lince JA, del Pozo J. Syncytial hepatitis of farmed tilapia, Oreochromis niloticus (L.): a case report. J Fish Dis. 2014;37:583–9.
- Kurita J, Nakajima K, Hirono I, Aoki T. Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification of DNA of red seam bream iridovirus (RSIV). Fish Pathol. 1998;33:17–23.
- Bacharach E, Mishra N, Briese T, Zody MC, Kembou Tsofack JE, Zamostiano R, et al. Characterization of a novel orthomyxo-like virus causing mass die-offs of tilapia. MBio. 2016;7:e00431–16.
- Müller R, Poch O, Delarue M, Bishop DH, Bouloy M. Rift Valley fever virus L segment: correction of the sequence and possible functional role of newly identified regions conserved in RNA-dependent polymerases. J Gen Virol. 1994;75:1345–52.
- Poch O, Sauvaget I, Delarue M, Tordo N. Identification of four conserved motifs among the RNA-dependent polymerase encoding elements. EMBO J. 1989;8:3867–74.
- Tamura K, Stecher G, Peterson D, Filipski A, Kumar S. MEGA6: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis version 6.0. Mol Biol Evol. 2013;30:2725–9.
Page created: May 16, 2017
Page updated: May 16, 2017
Page reviewed: May 16, 2017
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.