Volume 23, Number 6—June 2017
PCR Detection of Mimivirus
|Lineage A (GenBank accession no.)||Lineage B (GenBank accession no.)||Lineage C (GenBank accession no.)|
|Mimivirus fauteuil (CWKE00000000)||Moumouvirus ochan (CXPE00000000)||Megavirus shan (CWIL00000000)|
|Mimivirus longchamps (CXOV00000000)||Moumouvirus istres (PRJEB9189)||Megavirus montpellier3 (CWIA00000000)|
|Mimivirus marais (PRJEB9199)||Moumouvirus battle49 (CXOS00000000)||Megavirus mont1 (CWIO00000000)|
|Mimivirus lactours (CXOL00000000)||Moumouvirus saoudian (CXOQ00000000)||Megavirus avenue9 (CWHN00000000)|
|Mimivirus PointeRouge1 (CXOW00000000)||Moumouvirus boug1 (PRJEB9190)||Megavirus balcon (PRJEB9194)|
|Mimivirus PointeRouge2 (CXOU00000000)||Moumouvirus goulette (KC008572)||Megavirus ursino (CWJY00000000)|
|Mimivirus T3 (CXOR00000000)||Moumouvirus Monve (JN885994–JN886001)||Megavirus T1 (CWIB00000000)|
|Mimivirus huitre A06 (CWJT00000000)||Megavirus battle43 (CWHV00000000)|
|Mimivirus amazonia (CWHO00000000)||Megavirus T4 (CWJR00000000)|
|Mimivirus battle7 (CWJW00000000)||Megavirus J3 (CWIN00000000)|
|Mimivirus battle19 (CWJX00000000)||Megavirus T6 (CWJQ00000000)|
|Mimivirus battle27 (CWJS00000000)||Megavirus chilensis (NC_016072)|
|Mimivirus battle57 (CWJZ00000000)||Megavirus courdo11 (JX975216)|
|Mimivirus battle66 (CWKA00000000)||Megavirus lba† (JX885207)|
|Mimivirus battle83 (CWKG00000000)||Powai lake megavirus (KU877344)|
|Mimivirus battle86 (CWKD00000000)||Megavirus terra1 (KF527229)|
|Mimivirus T2 (CXOT00000000)||Megavirus courdo5 (CWID00000000)|
|Mimivirus battle6 (CWJU00000000)||Megavirus bus (CWIQ00000000)|
|Mimivirus dakar4 (CWKF00000000)||Megavirus courdo7 (JN885990–JN885993)|
|Mimivirus Bombay (KU761889)|
|Mimivirus terra 2 (PRJNA240235)|
|Samba virus (KF959826)|
|Mimivirus lentille (AFYC00000000)|
*Bold indicates genomes that would be predicted to be successfully amplified using the PCR primers and probes in the article by Zhang et al. (1).
†Mimiviruses isolated from human samples.
- Zhang XA, Zhu T, Zhang PH, Li H, Li Y, Liu EM, et al. Lack of mimivirus detection in patients with respiratory disease, China. Emerg Infect Dis. 2016;22:2011–2.
- Colson P, Aherfi S, La Scola B, Raoult D. The role of giant viruses of amoebas in humans. Curr Opin Microbiol. 2016;31:199–208.
- Levasseur A, Bekliz M, Chabrière E, Pontarotti P, La Scola B, Raoult D. MIMIVIRE is a defence system in mimivirus that confers resistance to virophage. Nature. 2016;531:249–52.
- Ngounga T, Pagnier I, Reteno DG, Raoult D, La Scola B, Colson P. Real-time PCR systems targeting giant viruses of amoebae and their virophages. Intervirology. 2013;56:413–23.
- Finkbeiner SR, Allred AF, Tarr PI, Klein EJ, Kirkwood CD, Wang D. Metagenomic analysis of human diarrhea: viral detection and discovery. PLoS Pathog. 2008;4:e1000011.
- Smelov V, Bzhalava D, Arroyo Mühr LS, Eklund C, Komyakov B, Gorelov A, et al. Detection of DNA viruses in prostate cancer. Sci Rep. 2016;6:25235.
- Law J, Jovel J, Patterson J, Ford G, O’keefe S, Wang W, et al. Identification of hepatotropic viruses from plasma using deep sequencing: a next generation diagnostic tool. PLoS One. 2013;8:e60595.
- Lysholm F, Wetterbom A, Lindau C, Darban H, Bjerkner A, Fahlander K, et al. Characterization of the viral microbiome in patients with severe lower respiratory tract infections, using metagenomic sequencing. PLoS One. 2012;7:e30875.
- Rampelli S, Soverini M, Turroni S, Quercia S, Biagi E, Brigidi P, et al. ViromeScan: a new tool for metagenomic viral community profiling. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:165.
- Saadi H, Pagnier I, Colson P, Cherif JK, Beji M, Boughalmi M, et al. First isolation of Mimivirus in a patient with pneumonia. Clin Infect Dis. 2013;57:e127–34.
Page created: May 16, 2017
Page updated: May 16, 2017
Page reviewed: May 16, 2017
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.