Volume 23, Number 7—July 2017
Porcine Hemagglutinating Encephalomyelitis Virus and Respiratory Disease in Exhibition Swine, Michigan, USA, 2015
- Grant JR, Arantes AS, Stothard P. Comparing thousands of circular genomes using the CGView Comparison Tool. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:202.
- Saif LJ, Pensaert MB, Sestak K, Yeo SG, Jung K. Coronaviruses. In: Zimmerman JJ, Karriker LA, Ramirez A, editors. Diseases of swine. 10th ed. Hoboken (NJ): Wiley-Blackwell; 2012. p. 517–20.
- Wang L, Byrum B, Zhang Y. Detection and genetic characterization of deltacoronavirus in pigs, Ohio, USA, 2014. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:1227–30.
- Quiroga MA, Cappuccio J, Piñeyro P, Basso W, Moré G, Kienast M, et al. Hemagglutinating encephalomyelitis coronavirus infection in pigs, Argentina. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:484–6.
- Cartwright SF, Lucas M, Cavill JP, Gush AF, Blandford TB. Vomiting and wasting disease of piglets. Vet Rec. 1969;84:175–6.
- Cutlip RC, Mengeling WL. Lesions induced by hemagglutinating encephalomyelitis virus strain 67N in pigs. Am J Vet Res. 1972;33:2003–9.
- Alsop JE. A presumptive case of vomiting and wasting disease in a swine nucleus herd. Journal of Swine Health and Production. 2006;14:97–100.
- Nelson MI, Stucker KM, Schobel SA, Trovão NS, Das SR, Dugan VG, et al. Introduction, evolution, and dissemination of influenza A viruses in exhibition swine, USA, 2009–2013. J Virol. 2016;90:10963–71.
- Xu W, Berhane Y, Dubé C, Liang B, Pasick J, VanDomselaar G, et al. Epidemiological and evolutionary inference of the transmission network of the 2014 highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N2 outbreak in British Columbia, Canada. Sci Rep. 2016;6:30858.
- Bowman AS, Nelson SW, Page SL, Nolting JM, Killian ML, Sreevatsan S, et al. Swine-to-human transmission of influenza A(H3N2) virus at agricultural fairs, Ohio, USA, 2012. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:1472–80.
- Schicker RS, Rossow J, Eckel S, Fisher N, Bidol S, Tatham L, et al. Outbreak of influenza A(H3N2) variant virus infections among persons attending agricultural fairs housing infected swine—Michigan and Ohio, July–August 2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016;65:1157–60.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: June 19, 2017
Page updated: June 19, 2017
Page reviewed: June 19, 2017
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.