Volume 24, Number 12—December 2018
Candidatus Cryptoplasma Associated with Green Lizards and Ixodes ricinus Ticks, Slovakia, 2004–2011
- Dumler JS. Anaplasma and Ehrlichia infection. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1063:361–73.
- Rikihisa Y. Mechanisms to create a safe haven by members of the family Anaplasmataceae. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;990:548–55.
- Rar V, Golovljova I. Anaplasma, Ehrlichia, and “Candidatus Neoehrlichia” bacteria: pathogenicity, biodiversity, and molecular genetic characteristics, a review. Infect Genet Evol. 2011;11:1842–61.
- Eshoo MW, Carolan HE, Massire C, Chou DM, Crowder CD, Rounds MA, et al. Survey of Ixodes pacificus ticks in California reveals a diversity of microorganisms and a novel and widespread Anaplasmataceae species. PLoS One. 2015;10:e0135828.
- Nieto NC, Foley JE, Bettaso J, Lane RS. Reptile infection with Anaplasma phagocytophilum, the causative agent of granulocytic anaplasmosis. J Parasitol. 2009;95:1165–70.
- Rejmanek D, Bradburd G, Foley J. Molecular characterization reveals distinct genospecies of Anaplasma phagocytophilum from diverse North American hosts. J Med Microbiol. 2012;61:204–12.
- Tijsse-Klasen E, Fonville M, Reimerink JHJ, Spitzen-van der Sluijs A, Sprong H. Role of sand lizards in the ecology of Lyme and other tick-borne diseases in the Netherlands. Parasit Vectors. 2010;3:42.
- Ekner A, Dudek K, Sajkowska Z, Majláthová V, Majláth I, Tryjanowski P. Anaplasmataceae and Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato in the sand lizard Lacerta agilis and co-infection of these bacteria in hosted Ixodes ricinus ticks. Parasit Vectors. 2011;4:182.
- Weisburg WG, Barns SM, Pelletier DA, Lane DJ. 16S ribosomal DNA amplification for phylogenetic study. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:697–703.
- Pancholi P, Kolbert CP, Mitchell PD, Reed KD Jr, Dumler JS, Bakken JS, et al. Ixodes dammini as a potential vector of human granulocytic ehrlichiosis. J Infect Dis. 1995;172:1007–12.
- Derdáková M, Beati L, Pet’ko B, Stanko M, Fish D. Genetic variability within Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato genospecies established by PCR-single-strand conformation polymorphism analysis of the rrfA-rrlB intergenic spacer in ixodes ricinus ticks from the Czech Republic. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2003;69:509–16.
- Tamura K, Stecher G, Peterson D, Filipski A, Kumar S. MEGA6: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis version 6.0. Mol Biol Evol. 2013;30:2725–9.
- Stefancíková A, Derdáková M, Lencáková D, Ivanová R, Stanko M, Cisláková L, et al. Serological and molecular detection of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato and Anaplasmataceae in rodents. Folia Microbiol (Praha). 2008;53:493–9.
Page created: November 19, 2018
Page updated: November 19, 2018
Page reviewed: November 19, 2018
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.