Volume 24, Number 6—June 2018
Importation of Human Seoul Virus Infection to Germany from Indonesia
- Kruger DH, Figueiredo LT, Song JW, Klempa B. Hantaviruses—globally emerging pathogens. J Clin Virol. 2015;64:128–36.
- Lee HW. Hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in Korea. Rev Infect Dis. 1989;11(Suppl 4):S864–76.
- Clement J, Maes P, Van Ranst M. Hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in the new, and hantavirus pulmonary syndrome in the Old World: paradi(se)gm lost or regained? Virus Res. 2014;187:55–8.
- Goeijenbier M, Verner-Carlsson J, van Gorp EC, Rockx B, Koopmans MP, Lundkvist Å, et al. Seoul hantavirus in brown rats in the Netherlands: implications for physicians—Epidemiology, clinical aspects, treatment and diagnostics. Neth J Med. 2015;73:155–60.
- Reynes JM, Carli D, Bour JB, Boudjeltia S, Dewilde A, Gerbier G, et al. Seoul virus infection in humans, France, 2014–2016. Emerg Infect Dis. 2017;23:973–7.
- Klempa B, Fichet-Calvet E, Lecompte E, Auste B, Aniskin V, Meisel H, et al. Hantavirus in African wood mouse, Guinea. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12:838–40.
- Sibold C, Sparr S, Schulz A, Labuda M, Kozuch O, Lysý J, et al. Genetic characterization of a new hantavirus detected in Microtus arvalis from Slovakia. Virus Genes. 1995;10:277–81.
- Guindon S, Dufayard JF, Lefort V, Anisimova M, Hordijk W, Gascuel O. New algorithms and methods to estimate maximum-likelihood phylogenies: assessing the performance of PhyML 3.0. Syst Biol. 2010;59:307–21.
- Lin XD, Guo WP, Wang W, Zou Y, Hao ZY, Zhou DJ, et al. Migration of Norway rats resulted in the worldwide distribution of Seoul hantavirus today. J Virol. 2012;86:972–81.
- Plyusnina A, Ibrahim IN, Winoto I, Porter KR, Gotama IB, Lundkvist A, et al. Identification of Seoul hantavirus in Rattus norvegicus in Indonesia. Scand J Infect Dis. 2004;36:356–9.
- Ibrahim IN, Shimizu K, Yoshimatsu K, Yunianto A, Salwati E, Yasuda SP, et al. Epidemiology of hantavirus infection in Thousand Islands regency of Jakarta, Indonesia. J Vet Med Sci. 2013;75:1003–8.
- Ettinger J, Hofmann J, Enders M, Tewald F, Oehme RM, Rosenfeld UM, et al. Multiple synchronous outbreaks of Puumala virus, Germany, 2010. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:1461–4.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: May 17, 2018
Page updated: May 17, 2018
Page reviewed: May 17, 2018
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.