Volume 25, Number 1—January 2019
Severe Disease Caused by Community-Associated MRSA ST398 Type V, Australia, 2017
- Cuny C, Friedrich A, Kozytska S, Layer F, Nübel U, Ohlsen K, et al. Emergence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in different animal species. Int J Med Microbiol. 2010;300:109–17.
- Sahibzada S, Abraham S, Coombs GW, Pang S, Hernández-Jover M, Jordan D, et al. Transmission of highly virulent community-associated MRSA ST93 and livestock-associated MRSA ST398 between humans and pigs in Australia. Sci Rep. 2017;7:5273.
- Stegger M, Lindsay JA, Sørum M, Gould KA, Skov R. Genetic diversity in CC398 methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolates of different geographical origin. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2010;16:1017–9.
- Monecke S, Slickers P, Gawlik D, Müller E, Reissig A, Ruppelt-Lorz A, et al. Variability of SCCmec elements in livestock-associated CC398 MRSA. Vet Microbiol. 2018;217:36–46.
- Kadlec K, Fessler AT, Hauschild T, Schwarz S. Novel and uncommon antimicrobial resistance genes in livestock-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2012;18:745–55.
- Price LB, Stegger M, Hasman H, Aziz M, Larsen J, Andersen PS, et al. Staphylococcus aureus CC398: host adaptation and emergence of methicillin resistance in livestock. MBio. 2012;3:e00305-11.
- He L, Zheng HX, Wang Y, Le KY, Liu Q, Shang J, et al. Detection and analysis of methicillin-resistant human-adapted sequence type 398 allows insight into community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus evolution. Genome Med. 2018;10:5.
Page created: December 18, 2018
Page updated: December 18, 2018
Page reviewed: December 18, 2018
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.