Volume 25, Number 2—February 2019
Oropouche Virus–Associated Aseptic Meningoencephalitis, Southeastern Brazil
- Cardoso BF, Serra OP, Heinen LB, Zuchi N, Souza VC, Naveca FG, et al. Detection of Oropouche virus segment S in patients and inCulex quinquefasciatus in the state of Mato Grosso, Brazil. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2015;110:745–54.
- Travassos da Rosa JF, de Souza WM, Pinheiro FP, Figueiredo ML, Cardoso JF, Acrani GO, et al. Oropouche virus: clinical, epidemiological, and molecular aspects of a neglected orthobunyavirus. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;96:1019–30.
- de Souza Luna LK, Rodrigues AH, Santos RI, Sesti-Costa R, Criado MF, Martins RB, et al. Oropouche virus is detected in peripheral blood leukocytes from patients. J Med Virol. 2017;89:1108–11.
- Vasconcelos PF, Calisher CH. Emergence of human arboviral diseases in the Americas, 2000–2016. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2016;16:295–301.
- Pinheiro FP, Hoch AL, Gomes ML, Roberts DR. Oropouche virus. IV. Laboratory transmission by Culicoides paraensis. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1981;30:172–6.
- Romero-Alvarez D, Escobar LE. Oropouche fever, an emergent disease from the Americas. Microbes Infect. 2018;20:135–46.
- Vasconcelos PF, Travassos Da Rosa JF, Guerreiro SC, Dégallier N, Travassos Da Rosa ES, Travassos Da Rosa AP. [1st register of an epidemic caused by Oropouche virus in the states of Maranhão and Goiás, Brazil] [in Portuguese]. Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo. 1989;31:271–8.
- Alvarez-Falconi PP, Ríos Ruiz BA. [Oropuche fever outbreak in Bagazan, San Martin, Peru: epidemiological evaluation, gastrointestinal and hemorrhagic manifestations] [in Spanish]. Rev Gastroenterol Peru. 2010;30:334–40.
- Bastos MS, Lessa N, Naveca FG, Monte RL, Braga WS, Figueiredo LT, et al. Detection of Herpesvirus, Enterovirus, and Arbovirus infection in patients with suspected central nervous system viral infection in the Western Brazilian Amazon. J Med Virol. 2014;86:1522–7.
- Pinheiro FP, Rocha AG, Freitas RB, Ohana BA, Travassos da Rosa AP, Rogério JS, et al. [Meningitis associated with Oropouche virus infections] [in Portuguese]. Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo. 1982;24:246–51.
Page created: January 18, 2019
Page updated: January 18, 2019
Page reviewed: January 18, 2019
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.