Volume 25, Number 2—February 2019
Rift Valley Fever Reemergence after 7 Years of Quiescence, South Africa, May 2018
- Nanyingi MO, Munyua P, Kiama SG, Muchemi GM, Thumbi SM, Bitek AO, et al. A systematic review of Rift Valley Fever epidemiology 1931-2014. Infect Ecol Epidemiol. 2015;5:28024.
- Archer BN, Thomas J, Weyer J, Cengimbo A, Landoh DE, Jacobs C, et al. Epidemiologic investigations into outbreaks of Rift Valley fever in humans, South Africa, 2008–2011. Emerg Infect Dis. 2013;19:1918–25.
- Pienaar NJ, Thompson PN. Temporal and spatial history of Rift Valley fever in South Africa: 1950 to 2011. Onderstepoort J Vet Res. 2013;80:384.
- Bird BH, Khristova ML, Rollin PE, Ksiazek TG, Nichol ST. Complete genome analysis of 33 ecologically and biologically diverse Rift Valley fever virus strains reveals widespread virus movement and low genetic diversity due to recent common ancestry. J Virol. 2007;81:2805–16.
- Grobbelaar AA, Weyer J, Leman PA, Kemp A, Paweska JT, Swanepoel R. Molecular epidemiology of Rift Valley fever virus. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:2270–6.
- Jansen van Vuren P, Kgaladi J, Patharoo V, Ohaebosim P, Msimang V, Nyokong B, et al. Human cases of Rift Valley fever in South Africa, 2018. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2018;vbz.2018.2357.
- Paweska JT, Burt FJ, Swanepoel R. Validation of IgG-sandwich and IgM-capture ELISA for the detection of antibody to Rift Valley fever virus in humans. J Virol Methods. 2005;124:173–81.
- Drosten C, Göttig S, Schilling S, Asper M, Panning M, Schmitz H, et al. Rapid detection and quantification of RNA of Ebola and Marburg viruses, Lassa virus, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus, Rift Valley fever virus, dengue virus, and yellow fever virus by real-time reverse transcription-PCR. J Clin Microbiol. 2002;40:2323–30.
- Ladner JT, Wiley MR, Mate S, Dudas G, Prieto K, Lovett S, et al. Evolution and spread of Ebola virus in Liberia, 2014–2015. Cell Host Microbe. 2015;18:659–69.
- Liu J, Sun Y, Shi W, Tan S, Pan Y, Cui S, et al. The first imported case of Rift Valley fever in China reveals a genetic reassortment of different viral lineages. Emerg Microbes Infect. 2017;6:e4.
- El Mamy AB, Lo MM, Thiongane Y, Diop M, Isselmou K, Doumbia B, et al. Comprehensive phylogenetic reconstructions of Rift Valley fever virus: the 2010 northern Mauritania outbreak in the Camelus dromedarius species. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2014;14:856–61.
Page created: January 18, 2019
Page updated: January 18, 2019
Page reviewed: January 18, 2019
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.