Volume 25, Number 3—March 2019
Longitudinal Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis in a Hospital Setting, Serbia
- World Health Organization. Global tuberculosis report. Contract no.: WHO/HTM/TB/2017.23. Geneva: The Organization; 2017.
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control; WHO Regional Office for Europe. Tuberculosis surveillance and monitoring in Europe 2017. Stockholm: European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control; 2017.
- Vuković D, Rüsch-Gerdes S, Savić B, Niemann S. Molecular epidemiology of pulmonary tuberculosis in belgrade, central serbia. J Clin Microbiol. 2003;41:4372–7.
- Merker M, Blin C, Mona S, Duforet-Frebourg N, Lecher S, Willery E, et al. Evolutionary history and global spread of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis Beijing lineage. Nat Genet. 2015;47:242–9.
- Coll F, McNerney R, Guerra-Assunção JA, Glynn JR, Perdigão J, Viveiros M, et al. A robust SNP barcode for typing Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex strains. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4812.
- Niemann S, Merker M, Kohl T, Supply P. Impact of genetic diversity on the biology of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex strains. Microbiol Spectr. 2016;4:TBTB2-0022-2016.
- Comas I, Borrell S, Roetzer A, Rose G, Malla B, Kato-Maeda M, et al. Whole-genome sequencing of rifampicin-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains identifies compensatory mutations in RNA polymerase genes. Nat Genet. 2011;44:106–10.
- Jovanovic D, Skodric-Trifunovic V, Markovic-Denic L, Stevic R, Vlajinac H. Clinical and epidemiological evaluation of tuberculosis in Serbia, 1990–2004. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2007;11:647–51.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=17519096&dopt=Abstract
- Pachi A, Bratis D, Moussas G, Tselebis A. Psychiatric morbidity and other factors affecting treatment adherence in pulmonary tuberculosis patients. Tuberc Res Treat. 2013;2013:489865.
- Tosevski DL, Gajic SD, Milovancevic MP. Mental healthcare in Serbia. Int Psychiatry. 2010;7:13–5.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: February 19, 2019
Page updated: February 19, 2019
Page reviewed: February 19, 2019
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.