Volume 25, Number 8—August 2019
Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever, Herat Province, Afghanistan, 2017
|Type of hemorrhage|
|Gum bleeding||3 (4.8)|
- Shayan S, Bokaean M, Shahrivar MR, Chinikar S. Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever. Lab Med. 2015;46:180–9.
- Mertens M, Schmidt K, Ozkul A, Groschup MH. The impact of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus on public health. Antiviral Res. 2013;98:248–60.
- Mustafa ML, Ayazi E, Mohareb E, Yingst S, Zayed A, Rossi CA, et al. Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever, Afghanistan, 2009. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:1940–1.
- Niazi A-u-R. Clinical epidemiology of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever in west region of Afghanistan. Herat (Afghanistan): Herat University Press; 2017.
- World Health Organization. Communicable disease profile. Afghanistan and neighboring countries. January 2002 [cited 2012 Apr 17]. https://www.who.int/diseasecontrol_emergencies/toolkits/Afghanistan_profile.pdf
- Hui P, Cook DJ, Lim W, Fraser GA, Arnold DM. The frequency and clinical significance of thrombocytopenia complicating critical illness: a systematic review. Chest. 2011;139:271–8.
- Swanepoel R, Gill DE, Shepherd AJ, Leman PA, Mynhardt JH, Harvey S. The clinical pathology of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever. Rev Infect Dis. 1989;11(Suppl 4):S794–800.
- Tezer H, Polat M. Diagnosis of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2015;13:555–66.
- Bastug A, Kayaaslan B, Kazancioglu S, Aslaner H, But A, Akinci E, et al. Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever: prognostic factors and the association of leukocyte counts with mortality. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2016;69:51–5.
- Chamberlain J, Atkinson B, Logue CH, Latham J, Newman ENC, Hewson R. Genome sequence of ex-Afghanistan Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus SCT strain, from an imported United Kingdom case in October 2012. Genome Announc. 2013;1:e00161–13.
Page created: July 16, 2019
Page updated: July 16, 2019
Page reviewed: July 16, 2019
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.