Volume 26, Number 10—October 2020
Undetected Circulation of African Swine Fever in Wild Boar, Asia
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. EMPRES Global Animal Disease Information System [cited 2020 May 8]. http://empres-i.fao.org/eipws3g
- Dixon LK, Stahl K, Jori F, Vial L, Pfeiffer DU. African swine fever epidemiology and control. Annu Rev Anim Biosci. 2020;8:221–46.
- Gavier-Widén D, Ståhl K, Dixon L. No hasty solutions for African swine fever. Science. 2020;367:622–4.
- Chenais E, Ståhl K, Guberti V, Depner K. Identification of wild boar–habitat epidemiologic cycle in African swine fever epizootic. Emerg Infect Dis. 2018;24:810–2.
- Cortiñas Abrahantes J, Gogin A, Richardson J, Gervelmeyer A; European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). Epidemiological analyses on African swine fever in the Baltic countries and Poland. EFSA J. 2017;15:
- Vergne T, Chen-Fu C, Li S, Cappelle J, Edwards J, Martin V, et al. Pig empire under infectious threat: risk of African swine fever introduction into the People’s Republic of China. Vet Rec. 2017;181:117.
- Bosch J, Iglesias I, Muñoz MJ, de la Torre A. A cartographic tool for managing African swine fever in Eurasia: mapping wild boar distribution based on the quality of available habitats. Transbound Emerg Dis. 2017;64:1720–33.
- Wu S, Chen H, Cai X. Preliminary study on the population structures and reproductive habit in wild boar (Sus scrofa) in Dawaling Natural Reserve. . Shou Lei Xue Bao. 2000;20:151–6.
- Śmietanka K, Woźniakowski G, Kozak E, Niemczuk K, Frączyk M, Bocian Ł, et al. African swine fever epidemic, Poland, 2014–2015. Emerg Infect Dis. 2016;22:1201–7.
- Liu Q, Yan K, Lu Y, Li M, Yan Y. Conflict between wild boars (Sus scrofa) and farmers: distribution, impacts, and suggestions for management of wild boars in the Three Gorges Reservoir Area. J Mt Sci. 2019;16:2404–16.
Page created: June 02, 2020
Page updated: September 17, 2020
Page reviewed: September 17, 2020
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.