Volume 26, Number 12—December 2020
Novel Serotype of Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease Virus, China
- World Organisation for Animal Health. Epizootic hemorrhagic disease (infection with epizootic hamorrhagic disease virus). In: Manual of diagnostic tests and vaccines for terrestrial animals 2019. Paris; The Organisation: 2018. p. 422–32.
- Anthony SJ, Maan S, Maan N, Kgosana L, Bachanek-Bankowska K, Batten C, et al. Genetic and phylogenetic analysis of the outer-coat proteins VP2 and VP5 of epizootic haemorrhagic disease virus (EHDV): comparison of genetic and serological data to characterise the EHDV serogroup. Virus Res. 2009;145:200–10.
- Maan NS, Maan S, Potgieter AC, Wright IM, Belaganahalli M, Mertens PPC. Development of real-time RT-PCR assays for detection and typing of epizootic haemorrhagic disease virus. Transbound Emerg Dis. 2017;64:1120–32.
- Shirafuji H, Kato T, Yamakawa M, Tanaka T, Minemori Y, Yanase T. Characterization of genome segments 2, 3 and 6 of epizootic hemorrhagic disease virus strains isolated in Japan in 1985-2013: Identification of their serotypes and geographical genetic types. Infect Genet Evol. 2017;53:38–46.
- Golender N, Bumbarov VY. Detection of epizootic hemorrhagic disease virus serotype 1, Israel. Emerg Infect Dis. 2019;25:825–7.
- Temizel EM, Yesilbag K, Batten C, Senturk S, Maan NS, Mertens PPC, et al. Epizootic hemorrhagic disease in cattle, Western Turkey. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:317–9.
- Kamomae Y, Kamomae M, Ohta Y, Nabe M, Kagawa Y, Ogura Y, et al. Epizootic hemorrhagic disease virus serotype 6 infection in cattle, Japan, 2015. Emerg Infect Dis. 2018;24:902–5.
- Maan NS, Maan S, Nomikou K, Johnson DJ, El Harrak M, Madani H, et al. RT-PCR assays for seven serotypes of epizootic haemorrhagic disease virus & their use to type strains from the Mediterranean region and North America. PLoS One. 2010;5:
- Maan S, Rao S, Maan NS, Anthony SJ, Attoui H, Samuel AR, et al. Rapid cDNA synthesis and sequencing techniques for the genetic study of bluetongue and other dsRNA viruses. J Virol Methods. 2007;143:132–9.
- Anthony SJ, Maan N, Maan S, Sutton G, Attoui H, Mertens PP. Genetic and phylogenetic analysis of the core proteins VP1, VP3, VP4, VP6 and VP7 of epizootic haemorrhagic disease virus (EHDV). Virus Res. 2009;145:187–99.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: October 08, 2020
Page updated: November 19, 2020
Page reviewed: November 19, 2020
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.