Volume 27, Number 5—May 2021
Risk for International Importations of Variant SARS-CoV-2 Originating in the United Kingdom
- Kupferschmidt K. Mutant coronavirus in the United Kingdom sets off alarms, but its importance remains unclear. 2020 Dec 20 [cited 2021 Jan 2]. https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/12/mutant-coronavirus-united-kingdom-sets-alarms-its-importance-remains-unclear
- Leung K, Shum MHH, Leung GM, Lam TTY, Wu JT. Early transmissibility assessment of the N501Y mutant strains of SARS-CoV-2 in the United Kingdom, October to November 2020. Euro Surveill. 2021;26:
- Kupferschmidt K. Fast-spreading U.K. virus variant raises alarms. Science. 2021;371:9–10.
- Clark N, Dathan M. National lockdown – Boris Johnson orders nation to stay at home until middle of February as 13.5m Brits get Covid jab. 2021 Jan 5 [cited 2021 Jan 7]. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/13648237/national-lockdown-stay-home-boris-johnson-announcement
- BBC News. Coronavirus: Cases of new variant appear worldwide. 2020 Dec 26 [cited 2021 Jan 2]. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55452262
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants. 2020 Dec 29 [cited 2021 Jan 2]. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/scientific-brief-emerging-variants.html
- Statista. Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 4th quarter 2020 [cited 2021 Mar 20]. https://www.statista.com/statistics/264810/number-of-monthly-active-facebook-users- worldwide
- Aleta A, Martín-Corral D, Pastore Y Piontti A, Ajelli M, Litvinova M, Chinazzi M, et al. Modelling the impact of testing, contact tracing and household quarantine on second waves of COVID-19. Nat Hum Behav. 2020;4:964–71.
- International Severe Acute Respiratory and Emerging Infections Consortium (ISARIC). COVID-19 report: 19 [cited 2021 Feb 1]. https://media.tghn.org/medialibrary/2020/05/ISARIC_Data_Platform_COVID-19_Report_19MAY20.pdf
- King’s College London. No evidence of change in symptoms from new coronavirus variant. King’s College London. 2021 Feb 1 [cited 2021 Mar 3]. https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/no-evidence-change-symptoms-new-coronavirus-variant
- Davies NG, Abbott S, Barnard RC, Jarvis CI, Kucharski AJ, Munday JD, et al.; CMMID COVID-19 Working Group. COVID-19 Genomics UK (COG-UK) Consortium. Estimated transmissibility and impact of SARS-CoV-2 lineage B.1.1.7 in England. Science. 2021;
eabg3055; [Epub ahead of print].
1These first authors contributed equally to this article.