Volume 27, Number 6—June 2021
Retrospective Identification of Early Autochthonous Case of Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever, Spain, 2013
- Sorvillo TE, Rodriguez SE, Hudson P, Carey M, Rodriguez LL, Spiropoulou CF, et al. Towards a sustainable One Health approach to Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever prevention: focus areas and gaps in knowledge. Trop Med Infect Dis. 2020;5:113.
- Estrada-Peña A, Palomar AM, Santibáñez P, Sánchez N, Habela MA, Portillo A, et al. Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus in ticks, Southwestern Europe, 2010. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:179–80.
- Negredo A, de la Calle-Prieto F, Palencia-Herrejón E, Mora-Rillo M, Astray-Mochales J, Sánchez-Seco MP, et al.; Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever@Madrid Working Group. Autochthonous Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever in Spain. N Engl J Med. 2017;377:154–61.
- Coordination Centre for Health Alerts and Emergencies. Ministry of Health. 2020: Report on the situation and risk assessment of transmission of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) virus in Spain [in Spanish] [cited 2020 Nov 11]. https://www.mscbs.gob.es/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/analisisituacion/doc/ER_FHCC.pdf
- Coordination Centre for Health Alerts and Emergencies. Ministry of Health. 2020: Rapid risk assessment. Detection of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever in Salamanca [in Spanish] [cited 2020 Nov 11]. https://www.mscbs.gob.es/fr/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/Crimea_Congo/docs/20200827_ERR_Crimea_Congo_Salamanca.pdf
- Monsalve Arteaga L, Muñoz Bellido JL, Negredo AI, García Criado J, Vieira Lista MC, Sánchez Serrano JÁ, et al. New circulation of genotype V of Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever virus in humans from Spain. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2021;15:
1These first authors contributed equally to this article.
2These senior authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: April 15, 2021
Page updated: May 18, 2021
Page reviewed: May 18, 2021
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.