Volume 27, Number 8—August 2021
SARS-CoV-2 Superspread in Fitness Center, Hong Kong, China, March 2021
- Chu DKW, Hui KPY, Gu H, Ko RLW, Krishnan P, Ng DYM, et al. Introduction of ORF3a-Q57H SARS-CoV-2 variant causing fourth epidemic wave of COVID-19, Hong Kong, China. Emerg Infect Dis. 2021;27:1492–5.
- Li Q, Guan X, Wu P, Wang X, Zhou L, Tong Y, et al. Early transmission dynamics in Wuhan, China, of novel coronavirus-infected pneumonia. N Engl J Med. 2020;382:1199–207.
- Wu P, Liu F, Chang Z, Lin Y, Ren M, Zheng C, et al. Assessing asymptomatic, pre-symptomatic and symptomatic transmission risk of SARS-CoV-2. Clin Infect Dis. 2021;ciab271.
- Choi EM, Chu DKW, Cheng PKC, Tsang DNC, Peiris M, Bausch DG, et al. In-flight transmission of SARS-CoV-2. Emerg Infect Dis. 2020;26:2713–6.
- Groves LM, Usagawa L, Elm J, Low E, Manuzak A, Quint J, et al. Community transmission of SARS-CoV-2 at three fitness facilities—Hawaii, June–July 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2021;70:316–20.
- Bae S, Kim H, Jung TY, Lim JA, Jo DH, Kang GS, et al. Epidemiological characteristics of COVID-19 outbreak at fitness centers in Cheonan, Korea. J Korean Med Sci. 2020;35:
- Lendacki FR, Teran RA, Gretsch S, Fricchione MJ, Kerins JL. COVID-19 outbreak among attendees of an exercise facility—Chicago, Illinois, August–September 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2021;70:321–5.
- Jang S, Han SH, Rhee JY. Cluster of coronavirus disease associated with fitness dance classes, South Korea. Emerg Infect Dis. 2020;26:1917–20.
- Sia SF, Yan LM, Chin AWH, Fung K, Choy KT, Wong AYL, et al. Pathogenesis and transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in golden hamsters. Nature. 2020;583:834–8.
- Blocken B, van Druenen T, Ricci A, Kang L, van Hooff T, Qin P, et al. Ventilation and air cleaning to limit aerosol particle concentrations in a gym during the COVID-19 pandemic. Build Environ. 2021;193:
1These first authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: May 17, 2021
Page updated: July 19, 2021
Page reviewed: July 19, 2021
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.