Volume 28, Number 5—May 2022
Effectiveness of BNT162b2 Vaccine Booster against SARS-CoV-2 Infection and Breakthrough Complications, Israel
- Glatman-Freedman A, Hershkovitz Y, Kaufman Z, Dichtiar R, Keinan-Boker L, Bromberg M. Effectiveness of BNT162b2 vaccine in adolescents during outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant infection, Israel, 2021. Emerg Infect Dis. 2021;27:2919–22.
- Goldberg Y, Mandel M, Bar-On YM, Bodenheimer O, Freedman L, Haas EJ, et al. Waning immunity after the BNT162b2 vaccine in Israel. N Engl J Med. 2021;385:
- Levin EG, Lustig Y, Cohen C, Fluss R, Indenbaum V, Amit S, et al. Waning immune humoral response to BNT162b2 COVID-19 vaccine over 6 months. N Engl J Med. 2021;385:
- Israel Ministry of Health. The vaccination advisory committee presented data and recommended the administration of a third dose to older adults. 2021 Jul 30 [cited 2021 Nov 21]. https://www.gov.il/en/departments/news/29072021-04
- Israel Ministry of Health. Discussions on administering the third vaccine to additional populations. 2021 Aug 20 [cited 2021 Nov 21]. https://www.gov.il/en/departments/news/19082021-04
- Glatman-Freedman A, Bromberg M, Dichtiar R, Hershkovitz Y, Keinan-Boker L. The BNT162b2 vaccine effectiveness against new COVID-19 cases and complications of breakthrough cases: A nation-wide retrospective longitudinal multiple cohort analysis using individualised data. EBioMedicine. 2021;72:
- National Institutes of Health. Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) treatment guidelines: clinical spectrum of SARS-CoV-2 infection [cited 2021 Feb 25]. https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov
- Central Bureau of Statistics. Statistical abstract of Israel 2021—no. 72 [cited 2021 Nov 22]. https://www.cbs.gov.il/en/publications/Pages/2021/Population-Statistical-Abstract-of-Israel-2021-No.72.aspx
- Our World in Data. SARS-CoV-2 variants in in analyzed sequences, Israel. 2022 [cited 2022 March 6]. https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-variants-area?country=~ISR
- Bayart JL, Douxfils J, Gillot C, David C, Mullier F, Elsen M, et al. Waning of IgG, total and neutralizing antibodies 6 months post-vaccination with BNT162b2 in healthcare workers. Vaccines (Basel). 2021;9:1092.
- UK Health Security Agency. SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern and variants under investigation in England. Technical briefing 33. 2021 [cited 2022 Jan 9]. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1043807/technical-briefing-33.pdf
- Collie S, Champion J, Moultrie H, Bekker LG, Gray G. Effectiveness of BNT162b2 vaccine against Omicron variant in South Africa. N Engl J Med. 2022;386:494–6.
- Bar-On YM, Goldberg Y, Mandel M, Bodenheimer O, Freedman L, Kalkstein N, et al. Protection of BNT162b2 vaccine booster against COVID-19 in Israel. N Engl J Med. 2021;385:1393–400.
- Bar-On YM, Goldberg Y, Mandel M, Bodenheimer O, Freedman L, Alroy-Preis S, et al. Protection against COVID-19 by BNT162b2 booster across age groups. N Engl J Med. 2021;385:2421–30.
- Barda N, Dagan N, Cohen C, Hernán MA, Lipsitch M, Kohane IS, et al. Effectiveness of a third dose of the BNT162b2 mRNA COVID-19 vaccine for preventing severe outcomes in Israel: an observational study. Lancet. 2021;398:2093–100.
- Tartof SY, Slezak JM, Puzniak L, Hong V, Frankland TB, Ackerson BK, et al. Effectiveness of a third dose of BNT162b2 mRNA COVID-19 vaccine in a large US health system: a retrospective cohort study. Lancet Reg Health Am. 2022 Feb 14 [Epub ahead of print].
- Andrews N, Stowe J, Kirsebom F, Toffa S, Sachdeva R, Gower C, et al. Effectiveness of COVID-19 booster vaccines against covid-19 related symptoms, hospitalisation and death in England. Nat Med. 2022; [Epub ahead of print].