Volume 3, Number 3—September 1997
Population Dynamics of the Deer Mouse (Peromyscus maniculatus) and Sin Nombre Virus, California Channel Islands
- Childs J, Ksiazek T, Spiropoulou C, Krebs J, Morzunov S, Maupin G, Serologic and genetic identification of Peromyscus maniculatus as the primary rodent reservoir for a new hantavirus in the southwestern United States. J Infect Dis. 1994;169:1271–80.
- Nichol S, Spiropoulou C, Morzunov S, Rollin P, Ksiazek T, Feldmann H, Genetic identification of a hantavirus associated with an outbreak of acute respiratory illness. Science. 1993;262:914–7.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome - United States, 1995-1996. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1996;45:291–5.
- Hjelle B, Chavez-Giles F, Torrez-Martinez N, Yamada T, Sarisky J, Ascher M, The dominant glycoprotein epitope of Four Corners hantavirus is conserved across a wide geographic area. J Gen Virol. 1994;75:2881–8.
- Drost C, Fellers G. Density cycles in an island population of deer mice, Peromyscus maniculatus. Oikos. 1991;60:351–64.
- Jay M, Ascher M, Chomel B, Madon M, Sesline D, Enge B, Seroepidemiologic studies of hantavirus infection among wild rodents in California. Emerg Infect Dis. 1997;3:183–90.
- Parmenter R. Pecos National Historic Park mammal survey data help solve hantavirus mystery. Park Science. 1995;15:12–3.
- Douglass R, Van Horn R, Coffin K, Zanto S. Hantavirus in Montana deer mouse populations: preliminary results. J Wildl Dis. 1996;32:527–30.
- Anderson D, Burnham K, White J, Otis D. Density estimation of small-mammal populations using a trapping web and distance sampling methods. Ecology. 1983;64:674–80.
- Buckland S, Anderson D, Burnham K, Laake J. Distance sampling. New York: Chapman and Hall, 1993.
Page created: December 21, 2010
Page updated: December 21, 2010
Page reviewed: December 21, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.