Volume 5, Number 2—April 1999
Acute Hemorrhagic Conjunctivitis Due to Enterovirus 70 in India
- Pass RF, Britt WJ, Stagno S. Cytomegalovirus. Diagnostic procedures for viral, rickettsial and chlamydial infections, 7th ed. In: Lennette EH, Lennette DA, Lennette ET, editors. Washington: American Public Health Association; 1995.
- Chomczynski P, Sacchi N. Single step method of RNA isolation by acid guanidinium thiocyanate phenol chloroform extraction. Ann Clin Biochem. 1987;162:156–9.
- Rotbart HA. Enzymatic amplification of the enteroviruses. J Clin Microbiol. 1990;28:438–42.
- Kono R, Miyamura K, Tajiri E, Shiga S, Sasagawa A, Irani PF, Neurological complications associated with acute haemorrhagic conjunctivitis virus infection and its serological confirmation. J Infect Dis. 1974;129:590–3.
- Manjunath N, Balaya S, Mahajan VM. Isolation of enterovirus 70 during conjunctivitis epidemic in Delhi in 1981. Indian J Med Res. 1982;76:653–5.
- Chatterjee S, Quarcoopome CO, Apenteng A. Unusual type of conjunctivitis in Ghana. Br J Ophthalmol. 1970;54:628–30.
- Kono R, Sasagawa A, Ishii K, Sugiura S, Ochi M, Matsumiya H, Pandemic of new type of conjunctivitis. Lancet. 1972;i:1191–4.
- Christopher S, John J, Charles V, Ray S. Coxsackie virus A24 variant EH 24/70 and enterovirus type 70 in an epidemic of acute haemorrhagic conjunctivitis-a preliminary report. Indian J Med Res. 1977;65:593–5.
- Pal SR, Szucs Gy, Melnick JL, Kaiwar R, Bharadwaj G, Singh R, . Immunofluorescence test for the epidemiological monitoring of acute haemorrhagic conjunctivitis cases. Bull World Health Organ. 1983;61:485–90.
- Kishore J, Manjunath N, Bareja U, Verma LK, Broor S, Seth P. Study of an outbreak of epidemic conjunctivitis in Delhi in 1986. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 1989;32:266–9.
- Broor S, Kishore J, Dogra V, Satapathy G, Seth P. An epidemic of acute haemorrhagic conjunctivitis caused by Coxsackie A24 variant. Indian J Med Res. 1992;95:253–5.
- Bhide VS, Prasad SR, Gogate SS. Isolation of a variant of enterovirus 70 from a patient during an epidemic of acute haemorrhagic conjunctivitis in Pune in 1991. Acta Virol. 1994;38:245–6.
- Uchio E, Yamazaki K, Aoki K, Ohno S. Detection of enterovirus 70 by polymerase chain reaction in acute haemorrhagic conjunctivitis. Am J Ophthalmol. 1996;122:273–5.
Page created: December 10, 2010
Page updated: December 10, 2010
Page reviewed: December 10, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.