Volume 8, Number 8—August 2002
Genetic Detection and Isolation of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus, Kosovo, Yugoslavia
- Gligić A, Stamatović L, Stojanović R, Obradović M, Bošković R. Prva izolacija virusa krimske hemoragične groznice u Jugoslaviji. [The first isolation of the Crimean hemorraghic fever virus in Yugoslavia]. Vojnosanit Pregl. 1977;34:318–21.
- World Health Organization. Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever (C-CHF) in Kosovo – update 5. 29 June 2001. Available from: URL: http://www.who.int/disease-outbreak-news/n2001/june/29june2001.html
- Lennette EH, Schmidt NJ. Diagnostic procedures. 4th ed. New York: American Public Health Association, Inc.;1969. p. 304.
- Schwarz TF, Nsanze H, Longson M, Nitschko H, Gilch S, Shurie H, Polymerase chain reaction for diagnosis and identification of distinct variants of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus in the United Arab Emirates. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1996;55:190–6.
- Swanepoel R, Leham P, Abbott JC, Burt FJ, Grobbelaar AA. Epidemiology, diagnosis, clinical pathology and treatment of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) in South Africa. Proceedings and Abstracts of the VIIth International Congress of Virology, Berlin, 1990.
- Fisher-Hoch SP, Khan JA, Rehman S, Mirza S, Khurshid M, McCormick JB. Crimean Congo-haemorrhagic fever treated with oral ribavirin. Lancet. 1995;346:472–5.
- Felsenstein J. 1993. PHYLIP (Phylogeny Inference Package) version 3.5c. Seattle: University of Washington; 1993.
- Rodriguez LL, Maupin GO, Ksiazek TG, Rollin PE, Khan AS, Schwarz TF, Molecular investigation of a multisource outbreak of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever in the United Arab Emirates. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1997;57:512–8.
- Watts DM, Ussery MA, Nash D, Peters CJ. Inhibition of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever viral infectivity yields in vitro by ribavirin. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1989;41:581–5.
- Swanepoel R, Gill DE, Shepherd AJ, Leman PA, Mynhardt JH, Harvey S. The clinical pathology of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever. Rev Infect Dis. 1989;11(Suppl 4):S794–800.
- Burney MI, Ghafoor A, Saleen M, Webb PA, Casals J. Nosocomial outbreak of viral hemorrhagic fever caused by Crimean hemorrhagic fever-Congo virus in Pakistan, January 1976. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1980;29:941–7.
- Suleiman MN, Muscat-Baron JM, Harries JR, Satti AG, Platt GS, Bowen ET, Congo/Crimean haemorrhagic fever in Dubai. An outbreak at the Rashid Hospital. Lancet. 1980;2:939–41.
- van Eeden PJ, Joubert JR, van de Wal BW, King JB, de Kock A, Groenewald JH. A nosocomial outbreak of Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever at Tygerberg Hospital. Part I. Clinical features. S Afr Med J. 1985;68:711–7.
Page created: July 16, 2010
Page updated: July 16, 2010
Page reviewed: July 16, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.