Volume 10, Number 5—May 2004
Novel γ-2-Herpesvirus of the Rhadinovirus 2 Lineage in Gibbons
- McGeoch DJ. Molecular evolution of the Gammaherpesvirinae. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2001;356:421–35.
- Wang F, Rivailler P, Rao P, Cho Y. Simian homologues of Epstein-Barr virus. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2001;356:489–97.
- Rasheed S, Rongey RW, Bruszweski J, Nelson-Rees WA, Rabin H, Neubauer RH, Establishment of a cell line with associated Epstein-Barr-like virus from a leukemic orangutan. Science. 1977;198:407–9.
- Ehlers B, Ochs A, Leendertz F, Goltz M, Boesch C, Matz-Rensing K. Novel simian homologues of Epstein-Barr virus. J Virol. 2003;77:10695–9.
- Strand K, Harper E, Thormahlen S, Thouless ME, Tsai C, Rose T, Two distinct lineages of macaque gamma herpesviruses related to the Kaposi’s sarcoma associated herpesvirus. J Clin Virol. 2000;16:253–69.
- Greensill J, Sheldon JA, Renwick NM, Beer BE, Norley S, Goudsmit J, Two distinct gamma-2 herpesviruses in African green monkeys: a second gamma-2 herpesvirus lineage among old world primates? J Virol. 2000;74:1572–7.
- Lacoste V, Mauclere P, Dubreuil G, Lewis J, Georges-Courbot MC, Gessain A. A novel gamma 2-herpesvirus of the Rhadinovirus 2 lineage in chimpanzees. Genome Res. 2001;11:1511–9.
- Schultz ER, Rankin GW Jr, Blanc MP, Raden BW, Tsai CC, Rose TM. Characterization of two divergent lineages of macaque rhadinoviruses related to Kaposi’s sarcoma-associated herpesvirus. J Virol. 2000;74:4919–28.
- Whitby D, Stossel A, Gamache C, Papin J, Bosch M, Smith A, Novel Kaposi’s sarcoma-associated herpesvirus homolog in baboons. J Virol. 2003;77:8159–65.
- Greensill J, Sheldon JA, Murthy KK, Bessonette JS, Beer BE, Schulz TF. A chimpanzee rhadinovirus sequence related to Kaposi’s sarcoma-associated herpesvirus/human herpesvirus 8: increased detection after HIV-1 infection in the absence of disease. AIDS. 2000;14:F129–35.
- Lacoste V, Mauclere P, Dubreuil G, Lewis J, Georges-Courbot MC, Gessain A. KSHV-like herpesviruses in chimps and gorillas. Nature. 2000;407:151–2.
- Engels EA, Sinclair MD, Biggar RJ, Whitby D, Ebbesen P, Goedert JJ, Latent class analysis of human herpesvirus 8 assay performance and infection prevalence in sub-saharan Africa and Malta. Int J Cancer. 2000;88:1003–8.
- Plancoulaine S, Abel L, van Beveren M, Tregouet DA, Joubert M, Tortevoye P, Human herpesvirus 8 transmission from mother to child and between siblings in an endemic population. Lancet. 2000;356:1062–5.
- Rose TM, Schultz ER, Henikoff JG, Pietrokovski S, McCallum CM, Henikoff S. Consensus-degenerate hybrid oligonucleotide primers for amplification of distantly related sequences. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:1628–35.
- Gessain A, Mauclere P, van Beveren M, Plancoulaine S, Ayouba A, Essame-Oyono JL, Human herpesvirus 8 primary infection occurs during childhood in Cameroon, Central Africa. Int J Cancer. 1999;81:189–92.
Page created: February 22, 2011
Page updated: February 22, 2011
Page reviewed: February 22, 2011
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.