Volume 12, Number 7—July 2006
European Bat Lyssavirus Type 2 RNA in Myotis daubentonii
- Bourhy H, Kissi B, Tordo N. Molecular diversity of the Lyssavirus genus. Virology. 1993;194:70–81.
- Botvinkin AD, Poleschuk EM, Kuzmin IV, Borisova TI, Gazaryan SV, Yager P, Novel lyssaviruses isolated from bats in Russia. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003;9:1623–5.
- Amengual B, Whitby JE, King A, Cobo JS, Bourhy H. Evolution of European bat lyssaviruses. J Gen Virol. 1997;78:2319–28.
- Lumio J, Hillbom M, Roine R, Ketonen L, Haltia M, Valle M, Human rabies of bat origin in Europe. Lancet. 1986;1:378.
- Fooks AR, McElhinney LM, Pounder DJ, Finnegan CJ, Mansfield K, Johnson N, Case report: isolation of a European bat lyssavirus type-2a from a fatal human case of rabies encephalitis. J Med Virol. 2003;71:281–9.
- Brookes SM, Aegerter JN, Smith GC, Healy DM, Joliffe TA, Swift SM, European bat lyssavirus in Scottish bats. Emerg Infect Dis. 2005;11:572–8.
- Johnson N, Selden D, Parsons G, Healy D, Brookes SM, McElhinney LM, Isolation of a European bat lyssavirus type 2 from a Daubenton's bat in the United Kingdom. Vet Rec. 2003;152:383–7.
- Wakeley PR, Johnson N, McElhinney LM, Marston D, Sawyer J, Fooks AR. Development of a real-time, Taqman reverse transcriptase-PCR assay for detection and differentiation of lyssavirus genotypes 1, 5, and 6. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:2786–92.
- Hammond JA, Pomeroy PP, Hall AJ, Smith VJ. Identification and real-time PCR quantification of Phocine distemper virus from two colonies of Scottish grey seals in 2002. J Gen Virol. 2005;86:2563–7.
- Johnson N, McElhinney LM, Smith J, Lowings P, Fooks AR. Phylogenetic comparison of the genus Lyssavirus using distal coding sequences of the glycoprotein and nucleoprotein genes. Arch Virol. 2002;147:2111–23.
- Jackson AC, Ye H, Phelan CC, Ridaura-Sanz C, Zheng Q, Li Z, Extraneural organ involvement in human rabies. Lab Invest. 1999;79:945–51.
Page created: December 19, 2011
Page updated: December 19, 2011
Page reviewed: December 19, 2011
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.