Volume 13, Number 4—April 2007
Bluetongue in Belgium, 2006
|cELISA result||RT-qPCR result†|
*cELISA, competititve ELISA; RT-qPCR,
reverse transcription–quantitative PCR.
†Samples with different results in cELISA and
RT-qPCR_S5 were retested with RT
qPCR_S1 (4). This latter test always
confirmed the result of the RT-qPCR_S5.
- Tabachnick WJ. Culicoides and the global epidemiology of bluetongue virus infection. Vet Ital. 2004;40:145–50.
- OIE Animal Health Department. Bluetongue – Netherlands, Belgium, Germany-OIE. ProMed. August 21, 2006. Accessed at http://www.promedmail.org, archive no.: 20060821.2353.
- Communication Directorate General. Bluetongue confirmed in France. EU Midday-express. [cited 2006 Aug 31]. Available from http://europa.eu.int/rapid, reference: MEX/06/0831
- Toussaint JF, Sailleau C, Breard E, Zientara S, de Clercq K. Bluetongue virus detection by two real-time RT-qPCRs targeting two different genomic segments. J. Virol. Methods. 2006; [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 17196266
- Breard E, Sailleau C, Coupier H, Mure-Ravaud K, Hammoumi S, Gicquel B, Comparison of genome segments 2, 7 and 10 of bluetongue viruses serotype 2 for differentiation between field isolates and the vaccine strain. Vet Res. 2003;34:777–89.
- Kimpe A, Decostere A, Hermans K, Mast J, Haesebrouck E. Association of Streptococcus gallolyticus strains of high and low virulence with the intestinal tract of pigeons. Avian Dis. 2003;47:559–65.
- Erasmus BJ. Bluetongue virus. In: Dinter Z, Morein B, editors. Virus infections of ruminants. Amsterdam: Elsevier; 1990. p. 227–37.
- European Commission Reference Laboratory for Bluetongue. Bluetongue virus in the Netherlands identified as serotype 8 by Institute for Animal Health. ProMed. August 28, 2006. Accessed at http://www.promedmail.org, archive no.: 20060828.2448.
- Purse BV, Mellor PS, Rogers DJ, Samuel AR, Mertens PP, Baylis M. Climate change and the recent emergence of bluetongue in Europe. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2005;3:171–81.
- Thiry E, Saegerman C, Guyot H, Kirten P, Losson B, Rollin F, Bluetongue in northern Europe. Vet Rec. 2006;159:327.
- MacLachlan NJ. Bluetongue: pathogenesis and duration of viraemia. Vet Ital. 2004;40:462–7.
Page created: June 28, 2010
Page updated: June 28, 2010
Page reviewed: June 28, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.