Volume 13, Number 7—July 2007
Live Poultry Exposures, Hong Kong and Hanoi, 2006
|Survey Vietnam; Hong Kong, %||Census Vietnam*; Hong Kong,† %||Effect size‡ Vietnam; Hong Kong|
|Male||39.8; 35.9||46.1; 47.8||0.19; 0.24|
|Female||60.2; 64.1||50.9; 52.2|
|15–24||14.2; 10.5||28.1; 11.1||0.50; 0.21|
|25–34||22.5; 14.4||21.7; 18.1|
|35–44||25.3; 27.0||20.4; 22.7|
|45–54||22.4; 27.0||13.7; 21.2|
|55–64||13.2; 10||6.9; 11.9|
|>65||2; 11||9.3; 14.9|
|None or kindergarten||3.9||8.4|
†Reference on education (6). On sex and age, mid-2006, available from www.censtatd.gov.hk/hong_kong_statistics/statistical_tables/index.jsp
‡Three levels of effect size: 0.1 small, 0.3 medium, 0.5 large.
- Capria I, Marangon S. Control of avian influenza in poultry. Emerg Infect Dis [serial on the internet]. 2006 Aug. [cited 2006 Aug 17 ]. Available from https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/12/9/06-0430_article
- Yingst S, Saad MD, Felt SA. Qinghai-like H5N1 from domestic cats, northern Iraq [letter]. Emerg Infect Dis [serial on the internet]. 2006 Aug. [cited 2006 Aug 17 ]. Available from https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/12/8/06-0264_article
- A reappraisal of H5N1 avian influenza.Lancet. 2006;367:1550.
- Fielding R, Lam WWT, Ho EYY, Lam TH, Hedley AJ, Leung GM. Avian influenza risk perception, Hong Kong.Emerg Infect Dis. 2005;11:677–82.
- General Statistics Office of Vietnam. 2004. [cited 2007 May 2]. Available from http://www.gso.gov.vn/default_en.aspx?tabid=483&idmid=4&itemid=4343
- Census and Statistics Department. 2001 Population census main report. Vol 1. Hong Kong Government Printer; 2002.
- Dinh PN, Long HT, Tien NTK, Hien NT, Mai LTQ, Phong LH, Risk factors for human infection with avian influenza A H5N1, Vietnam, 2004. Emerg Infect Dis [serial on the Internet]. 2006 Dec. [cited 2006 Nov 28]. Available from http://www.cdc.gov/ncid/odeid/vol12no12/06-0829.htm
Page created: June 23, 2010
Page updated: June 23, 2010
Page reviewed: June 21, 2012
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.