Volume 14, Number 1—January 2008
International Polar Year
Molecular Epidemiology of Dengue Virus Strains from Finnish Travelers
- Guzman MG, Kouri G. Dengue: an update. Lancet Infect Dis. 2002;2:33–42.
- Wichmann O, Gascon J, Schunk M, Puente S, Siikamaki H, Gjorup I, European network on surveillance of imported infectious diseases. Severe dengue virus infection in travelers: risk factors and laboratory indicators. J Infect Dis. 2007;195:1089–96.
- Henchal EA, McCown JM, Seguin MC, Gentry MK, Brandt WE. Rapid identification of dengue virus isolates by using monoclonal antibodies in an indirect immunofluorescence assay. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1983;32:164–9.
- Lanciotti RS, Calisher CH, Gubler DJ, Chang GJ, Vorndam AV. Rapid detection and typing of dengue viruses from clinical samples by using reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction. J Clin Microbiol. 1992;30:545–51.
- Uzcategui NY, Camacho D, Comach G, Cuello de Uzcategui R, Holmes EC, Gould EA. evolution and recombination. J Gen Virol. 2001;82:2945–53.
- Kumar S, Tamura K, Nei M. MEGA3: Integrated software for Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis and sequence alignment. Brief Bioinform. 2004;5:150–63.
- Nuegoonpipat A, Berlioz-Arthaud A, Chow V, Endy T, Lowry K, Mai le Q, et al. Sustained transmission of dengue virus type 1 in the Pacific due to repeated introductions of different Asian strains. Virology. 2004;329:505–12.
- Twiddy SS, Farrar JJ, Vinh Chau N, Wills B, Gould EA, Gritsun T, Phylogenetic relationships and differential selection pressures among genotypes of dengue-2 virus. Virology. 2002;298:63–72.
- Messer WB, Gubler DJ, Harris E, Sivananthan K, de Silva AM. Emergence and global spread of a dengue serotype 3, subtype III virus. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003;9:800–9.
- Miagostovich MP, dos Santos FB, Fumian TM, Guimaraes FR, da Costa EV, Tavares FN, Complete genetic characterization of a Brazilian dengue virus type 3 strain isolated from a fatal outcome. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2006;101:307–13.
- Rodriguez-Roche R, Alvarez M, Holmes EC, Bernardo L, Kouri G, Gould EA, Dengue virus type 3, Cuba, 2000–2002. Emerg Infect Dis. 2005;11:773–4.
- Klungthong C, Zhang C, Mammen MP Jr, Ubol S, Holmes EC. The molecular epidemiology of dengue virus serotype 4 in Bangkok, Thailand. Virology. 2004;329:168–79.
- Teichmann D, Rogler G, Grobusch MP, Schuler-Maue W, Klein E. Imported dengue virus type 2 infection acquired during an outbreak in India. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 1999;18:310–2.
- Ito M, Yamada K, Takasaki T, Pandey B, Nerome R, Tajima S, Phylogenetic analysis of dengue viruses isolated from imported dengue patients: possible aid for determining the countries where infections occurred. J Travel Med. 2007;14:233–44.
- Nukui Y, Tajima S, Kotaki A, Ito M, Takasaki T, Koike K, Novel dengue virus type 1 from travelers to Yap State, Micronesia. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12:343–6.
- Domingo C, Palacios G, Jabado O, Reyes N, Niedrig M, Gascon J, Use of a short fragment of the C-terminal E gene for detection and characterization of two new lineages of dengue virus 1 in India. J Clin Microbiol. 2006;44:1519–29.
- Yamada K, Takasaki T, Nawa M, Kurane I. Virus isolation as one of the diagnostic methods for dengue virus infection. J Clin Virol. 2002;24:203–9.
Page created: July 08, 2010
Page updated: July 08, 2010
Page reviewed: July 08, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.