Volume 15, Number 1—January 2009
Predicting High Risk for Human Hantavirus Infections, Sweden
- Vapalahti O, Mustonen J, Lundkvist A, Henttonen H, Plyusnin A, Vaheri A. Hantavirus infections in Europe. Lancet Infect Dis. 2003;3:653–61.
- Brummer-Korvenkontio M, Vaheri A, Hovi T, von Bonsdorff CH, Vuorimies J, Manni T, Nephropathia epidemica: detection of antigen in bank voles and serologic diagnosis of human infection. J Infect Dis. 1980;141:131–4.
- Nystrom K. Incidence and prevalence of endemic benign (epidemic) nephropathy in AC county, Sweden, in relation to population density and prevalence of small rodents. Acta Med Scand Suppl. 1977;609:1–92.
- Yanagihara R, Svedmyr A, Amyx HL, Lee P, Goldgaber D, Gajdusek DC, Isolation and propagation of nephropathia epidemica virus in bank voles. Scand J Infect Dis. 1984;16:225–8.
- Olsson GE, Dalerum F, Hörnfeldt B, Elgh F, Palo TR, Juto P, Human hantavirus infections, Sweden. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003;9:1395–401.
- Settergren B, Juto P, Wadell G, Trollfors B, Norrby SR. Incidence and geographic distribution of serologically verified cases of nephropathia epidemica in Sweden. Am J Epidemiol. 1988;127:801–7.
- Olsson GE, Hörnfeldt B, Hjertqvist M, Lundkvist A. Nephropathia epidemica: high risk in Norrland during winter [in Swedish]. Lakartidningen. 2007;104:3450–3.
- Niklasson B, Hornfeldt B, Lundkvist A, Bjorsten S, Leduc J. Temporal dynamics of Puumala virus antibody prevalence in voles and of nephropathia epidemica incidence in humans. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1995;53:134–40.
- Olsson GE, Ahlm C, Elgh F, Verlemyr AC, White N, Juto P, Hantavirus antibody occurrence in bank voles (Clethrionomys glareolus) during a vole population cycle. J Wildl Dis. 2003;39:299–305.
- Olsson GE, White N, Ahlm C, Elgh F, Verlemyr AC, Juto P, Demographic factors associated with hantavirus infection in bank voles (Clethrionomys glareolus). Emerg Infect Dis. 2002;8:924–9.
- Hörnfeldt B, Löfgren O, Carlsson B-G. Cycles in voles and small game in relation to variations in plant production indices in northern Sweden. Oecologia. 1986;68:496–502.
- Hörnfeldt B. Long-term decline in numbers of cyclic voles in boreal Sweden: analysis and presentation of hypotheses. Oikos. 2004;107:376–92.
- Hörnfeldt B. Miljöövervakning av smådäggdjur. 2008 [cited 2008 Nov 30]. Available from http://www.emg.umu.se/projects/hornfeldt/index3.html
- Alexandersson H. Temperature and precipitation in Sweden 1860/2002. SMHI Meteorology report no. 104; 2002.
- Douglass RJ, Semmens WJ, Matlock-Cooley SJ, Kuenzi AJ. Deer mouse movements in peridomestic and sylvan settings in relation to Sin Nombre virus antibody prevalence. J Wildl Dis. 2006;42:813–8.
Page created: November 22, 2010
Page updated: November 22, 2010
Page reviewed: November 22, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.