Volume 15, Number 12—December 2009
Porcine Kobuvirus in Piglets, Thailand
- Racaniello VR. Picornaviridae: The viruses and their replication. In: Knipe DM, Howley PM, editors. Fields virology, 5th ed., vol 1. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2007. p. 795–838.
- Oh DY, Silva PA, Hauroeder B, Diedrich S, Cardoso DD, Schreier E. Molecular characterization of the first Aichi viruses isolated in Europe and in South America. Arch Virol. 2006;151:1199–206.
- Pham NT, Khamrin P, Nguyen TA, Kanti DS, Phan TG, Okitsu S, Isolation and molecular characterization of Aichi viruses from fecal specimens collected in Japan, Bangladesh, Thailand, and Vietnam. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:2287–8.
- Yamashita T, Sakae K, Kobayashi S, Ishihara Y, Miyake T, Mubina A, Isolation of cytopathic small round virus (Aichi virus) from Pakistani children and Japanese travelers from Southeast Asia. Microbiol Immunol. 1995;39:433–5.
- Yamashita T, Ito M, Kabashima Y, Tsuzuki H, Fujiura A, Sakae K. Isolation and characterization of a new species of kobuvirus associated with cattle. J Gen Virol. 2003;84:3069–77.
- Khamrin P, Maneekarn N, Peerakome S, Okitsu S, Mizuguchi M, Ushijima H. Bovine kobuviruses from cattle with diarrhea. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:985–6.
- Reuter G, Boldizsár A, Kiss I, Pankovics P. Candidate new species of Kobuvirus in porcine hosts. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:1968–70.
- Yu JM, Jin M, Zhang Q, Li HY, Li DD, Xu ZQ, Candidate porcine Kobuvirus, China. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:823–5.
- Reuter G, Boldizsár A, Pankovics P. Complete nucleotide and amino acid sequences and genetic organization of porcine kobuvirus, a member of a new species in the genus Kobuvirus, family Picornaviridae. Arch Virol. 2009;154:101–8.
- Tamura K, Dudley J, Nei M, Kumar S. MEGA4: molecular evolutionary genetics analysis (MEGA) software version 4.0. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:1596–9.
Page created: December 09, 2010
Page updated: December 09, 2010
Page reviewed: December 09, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.