Volume 15, Number 12—December 2009
Mopeia Virus–related Arenavirus in Natal Multimammate Mice, Morogoro, Tanzania
- Günther S, Lenz O. Lassa virus. Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci. 2004;41:339–90.
- Delgado S, Erickson BR, Agudo R, Blair PJ, Vallejo E, Albarino CG, Chapare virus, a newly discovered arenavirus isolated from a fatal hemorrhagic fever case in Bolivia. PLoS Pathog. 2008;4:e1000047.
- Briese T, Paweska JT, McMullan LK, Hutchison SK, Street C, Palacios G, Genetic detection and characterization of Lujo virus, a new hemorrhagic fever–associated arenavirus from southern Africa. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000455.
- Wulff H, McIntosh BM, Hamner DB, Johnson KM. Isolation of an arenavirus closely related to Lassa virus from Mastomys natalensis in south-east Africa. Bull World Health Organ. 1977;55:441–4.
- Johnson KM, Taylor P, Elliott LH, Tomori O. Recovery of a Lassa-related arenavirus in Zimbabwe. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1981;30:1291–3.
- Gonzalez JP, McCormick JB, Saluzzo JF, Herve JP, Georges AJ, Johnson KM. An arenavirus isolated from wild-caught rodents (Pramys species) in the Central African Republic. Intervirology. 1983;19:105–12.
- Lecompte E, ter Meulen J, Emonet S, Daffis S, Charrel RN. Genetic identification of Kodoko virus, a novel arenavirus of the African pigmy mouse (Mus Nannomys minutoides) in West Africa. Virology. 2007;364:178–83.
- van der Groen G, Kurata T, Mets C. Modifications to indirect immunofluorescence tests on Lassa, Marburg, and Ebola material. Lancet. 1983;1:654.
- Vieth S, Drosten C, Lenz O, Vincent M, Omilabu S, Hass M, RT-PCR assay for detection of Lassa virus and related Old World arenaviruses targeting the L gene. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2007;101:1253–64.
- Günther S, Emmerich P, Laue T, Kühle O, Asper M, Jung A, Imported Lassa fever in Germany: molecular characterization of a new Lassa virus strain. Emerg Infect Dis. 2000;6:466–76.
- Drummond AJ, Ho SY, Phillips MJ, Rambaut A. Relaxed phylogenetics and dating with confidence. PLoS Biol. 2006;4:e88.
- Essbauer SS, Schmidt-Chanasit J, Madeja EL, Wegener W, Friedrich R, Petraityte R, Nephropathia epidemica in metropolitan area, Germany. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:1271–3.
- Walker DH, Wulff H, Lange JV, Murphy FA. Comparative pathology of Lassa virus infection in monkeys, guinea-pigs, and Mastomys natalensis. Bull World Health Organ. 1975;52:523–34.
- Vieth S, Torda AE, Asper M, Schmitz H, Günther S. Sequence analysis of L RNA of Lassa virus. Virology. 2004;318:153–68.
- Jenkins GM, Rambaut A, Pybus OG, Holmes EC. Rates of molecular evolution in RNA viruses: a quantitative phylogenetic analysis. J Mol Evol. 2002;54:156–65.
Page created: December 09, 2010
Page updated: December 09, 2010
Page reviewed: December 09, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.