Volume 15, Number 9—September 2009
Genomic Diversity of Oseltamivir-Resistant Influenza Virus A (H1N1), Luxembourg, 2007–08
- Recommended composition of influenza virus vaccines for use in the 2009 southern hemisphere influenza season. Wkly Epidemiol Rec. 2008;83:366–72.
- World Health Organization. Influenza A(H1N1) virus resistance to oseltamivir—2008/2009 influenza season, northern hemisphere [cited 2009 Mar 25]. Available from http://www.who.int/csr/disease/influenza/H1N1webupdate20090318 ed_ns.pdf
- Meijer A, Lackenby A, Hungnes O, Lina B, van der Werf S, Schweiger B, Oseltamivir-resistant influenza A (H1N1) virus, Europe, 2007–08 season. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:552–60.
- Rameix-Welti MA, Enouf V, Cuvelier F, Jeannin P, van der Werf S. Enzymatic properties of the neuraminidase of seasonal H1N1 influenza viruses provide insights for the emergence of natural resistance to oseltamivir. PLoS Pathog. 2008;4:e1000103.
- McKimm-Breschkin J, Trivedi T, Hampson A, Hay A, Klimov A, Tashiro M, Neuraminidase sequence analysis and susceptibilities of influenza virus clinical isolates to zanamivir and oseltamivir. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2003;47:2264–72.
- Yen HL, Herlocher LM, Hoffmann E, Matrosovich MN, Monto AS, Webster RG, Neuraminidase inhibitor-resistant influenza viruses may differ substantially in fitness and transmissibility. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2005;49:4075–84.
- Tamura K, Dudley J, Nei M, Kumar S. MEGA4: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis (MEGA) software version 4.0. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:1596–9.
- Ronquist F, Huelsenbeck JP. MRBAYES 3: Bayesian phylogenetic inference under mixed models. Bioinformatics. 2003;19:1572–4.
- Guilligay D, Tarendeau F, Resa-Infante P, Coloma R, Crepin T, Sehr P, The structural basis for cap binding by influenza virus polymerase subunit PB2. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:500–6.
- Niman H. Emergence and fixing of antiviral resistance in influenza A via recombination and hitch hiking. 2009 Feb 10 [cited 2009 Mar 25]. Available from http://hdl.handle.net/10101/npre.2009.2832.1
Page created: December 07, 2010
Page updated: December 07, 2010
Page reviewed: December 07, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.