Volume 16, Number 11—November 2010
Hepatitis E Virus Infection in Sheltered Homeless Persons, France
- Dalton HR, Bendall R, Ijaz S, Banks M. Hepatitis E: an emerging infection in developed countries. Lancet Infect Dis. 2008;8:698–709.
- Lu L, Li C, Hagedorn CH. Phylogenetic analysis of global hepatitis E virus sequences: genetic diversity, subtypes and zoonosis. Rev Med Virol. 2006;16:5–36.
- Teo CG. Hepatitis E indigenous to economically developed countries: to what extent a zoonosis? Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2006;19:460–6.
- Badiaga S, Raoult D, Brouqui P. Preventing and controlling emerging and reemerging transmissible diseases in the homeless. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:1353–9.
- Leon P, Venegas E, Bengoechea L, Rojas E, Lopez JA, Elola C, Prevalence of infections by hepatitis B, C, D and E viruses in Bolivia. Rev Panam Salud Publica. 1999;5:144–51.
- Smith HM, Reporter R, Rood MP, Linscott AJ, Mascola LM, Hogrefe W, Prevalence study of antibody to ratborne pathogens and other agents among patients using a free clinic in downtown Los Angeles. J Infect Dis. 2002;186:1673–6.
- Kaba M, Davoust B, Marie JL, Barthet M, Henry M, Tamalet C, Frequent transmission of hepatitis E virus among piglets in farms in Southern France. J Med Virol. 2009;81:1750–9.
- Boutrouille A, Bakkali-Kassimi L, Cruciere C, Pavio N. Prevalence of anti-hepatitis E virus antibodies in French blood donors. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:2009–10.
- Mansuy JM, Legrand-Abravanel F, Calot JP, Peron JM, Alric L, Agudo S, High prevalence of anti-hepatitis E virus antibodies in blood donors from South West France. J Med Virol. 2008;80:289–93.
- Bendall R, Ellis V, Ijaz S, Ali R, Dalton H. A comparison of two commercially available anti-HEV IgG kits and a re-evaluation of anti-HEV IgG seroprevalence data in developed countries. J Med Virol. 2010;82:799–805.
- Legrand-Abravanel F, Thevenet I, Mansuy JM, Saune K, Vischi F, Peron JM, Good performance of immunoglobulin M assays in diagnosing genotype 3 hepatitis E virus infections. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2009;16:772–4.
- Gessoni G, Manoni F. Hepatitis E virus infection in north-east Italy: serological study in the open population and groups at risk. J Viral Hepat. 1996;3:197–202.
- Sylvan SP. The high rate of antibodies to hepatitis E virus in young, intravenous drug-abusers with acute hepatitis B virus infection in a Swedish community: a study of hepatitis markers in individuals with intravenously or sexually acquired hepatitis B-virus infection. Scand J Infect Dis. 1998;30:429–30.
- Christensen PB, Engle RE, Jacobsen SE, Krarup HB, Georgsen J, Purcell RH. High prevalence of hepatitis E antibodies among Danish prisoners and drug users. J Med Virol. 2002;66:49–55.
- Thomas DL, Yarbough PO, Vlahov D, Tsarev SA, Nelson KE, Saah AJ, Seroreactivity to hepatitis E virus in areas where the disease is not endemic. J Clin Microbiol. 1997;35:1244–7.
Page created: March 03, 2011
Page updated: March 03, 2011
Page reviewed: March 03, 2011
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.