Volume 18, Number 1—January 2012
Novel Prion Protein in BSE-affected Cattle, Switzerland
- Colby DW, Prusiner SB. Prions. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2011;3:a006833.
- Jacobs JG, Langeveld JP, Biacabe AG, Acutis PL, Polak MP, Gavier-Widen D, Molecular discrimination of atypical bovine spongiform encephalopathy strains from a geographical region spanning a wide area in Europe. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:1821–9.
- Seuberlich T, Heim D, Zurbriggen A. Atypical transmissible spongiform encephalopathies in ruminants: a challenge for disease surveillance and control. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2010;22:823–42.
- Schaller O, Fatzer R, Stack M, Clark J, Cooley W, Biffiger K, Validation of a Western immunoblotting procedure for bovine PrP(Sc) detection and its use as a rapid surveillance method for the diagnosis of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE). Acta Neuropathol. 1999;98:437–43.
- Office Internationale des Epizooties. OIE rules for the official confirmation of BSE in bovines (based on an initial reactive result in an approved rapid test) by using a second rapid test. 2009 [cited 2011 Oct 19]. http://vla.defra.gov.uk/science/docs/sci_tse_oie_bse.pdf
- Biacabe AG, Jacobs JG, Bencsik A, Langeveld JP, Baron TG. H-type bovine spongiform encephalopathy: complex molecular features and similarities with human prion diseases. Prion. 2007;1:61–8.
Page created: December 22, 2011
Page updated: December 22, 2011
Page reviewed: December 22, 2011
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.