Volume 18, Number 11—November 2012
Effect of Latitude on Seasonality of Tuberculosis, Australia, 2002–2011
- World Health Organization. WHO report: global tuberculosis control 2011 [cited 2012 Feb 10]. http://www.who.int/tb/publications/global_report/en/index.html
- Home Entertainment Library. Heliotherapy. The modern world encyclopedia: illustrated. London: Hazell, Watson & Viney Ltd; 1935. p. 169.
- Martineau AR, Nhamoyebonde S, Oni T, Rangaka MX, Marais S, Bangani N, Reciprocal seasonal variation in vitamin D status and tuberculosis notifications in Cape Town, South Africa. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:19013–7.
- Gibney KB, MacGregor L, Leder K, Torresi J, Marshall C, Ebeling PR, Vitamin D deficiency is associated with tuberculosis and latent tuberculosis infection in immigrants from sub-Saharan Africa. Clin Infect Dis. 2008;46:443–6.
- Talat N, Perry S, Parsonnet J, Dawood G, Hussain R. Vitamin D deficiency and tuberculosis progression. Emerg Infect Dis. 2010;16:853–5.
- Willis MD, Winston CA, Heilig CM, Cain KP, Walter ND, Mac Kenzie WR. Seasonality of tuberculosis in the United States, 1993–2008. Clin Infect Dis. 2012;54:1553–60.
- 2006 Census of Population and Housing. Canberra: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Commonwealth of Australia; 2007.
- Daly RM, Gagnon C, Lu ZX, Magliano DJ, Dunstan DW, Sikaris KA, Prevalence of vitamin D deficiency and its determinants in Australian adults aged 25 years and older: a national, population‐based study. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2012;77:26–35.
- Barry C, Konstantinos A. Tuberculosis notifications in Australia, 2007. Commun Dis Intell. 2009;33:304–15.
- Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency. UV index models [cited 2012 Feb 10]. http://www.arpansa.gov.au/uvindex/models/index.cfm
- Cancer Council Australia, Australasian College of Dermatologists, Australian and New Zealand Bone and Mineral Society, Osteoporosis Australia. How much sun is enough? 2012 [cited 2012 Sep 14]. http://www.cancer.org.au/content/pdf/PreventingCancer/BeSunsmart/How_much_sun_is_enough_FINAL2012.pdf
- Parrinello CM, Crossa A, Harris TG. Seasonality of tuberculosis in New York City, 1990–2007. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2012;16:32–7.
- Thorpe LE, Frieden TR, Laserson KF, Wells C, Khatri GR. Seasonality of tuberculosis in India: is it real and what does it tell us? Lancet. 2004;364:1613–4.
- Vanlint SJ, Morris HA, Newbury JW, Crockett AJ. Vitamin D insufficiency in Aboriginal Australians. Med J Aust. 2011;194:131–4.
- Renzaho AMN, Halliday JA, Nowson C. Vitamin D, obesity, and obesity-related chronic disease among ethnic minorities: a systematic review. Nutrition. 2011;27:868–79.
Page created: October 02, 2012
Page updated: October 02, 2012
Page reviewed: October 02, 2012
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.