Volume 19, Number 2—February 2013
Influenza A(H5N1) Virus Surveillance at Live Poultry Markets, Cambodia, 2011
- World Health Organization. Cumulative number of confirmed cases of avian influenza A/(H5N1) [cited 2012 Aug 10]. http://www.who.int/influenza/human_animal_interface/H5N1_cumulative_table_archives/en/index.html
- Buchy P, Fourment M, Mardy S, Sorn S, Holl D, Ly S, Molecular epidemiology of clade 1 influenza A viruses (H5N1), Southern Indochina Peninsula, 2004–2007. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:1641–4.
- Gutiérrez RA, Naughtin MJ, Horm SV, San S, Buchy PA. (H5N1) virus evolution in South East Asia. Viruses. 2009;1:335–61.
- Van Kerkhove MD, Vong S, Guitiand J, Holle D, Mangtani P, San S, Poultry movement networks in Cambodia: implications for surveillance and control of highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI/H5N1). Vaccine. 2009;27:6345–52.
- Vong S, Ly S, Mardy S, Holl D, Buchy P. Environmental contamination during influenza A virus (H5N1) outbreaks, Cambodia, 2006. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:1303–5.
- Horm SV, Gutiérrez RA, Sorn S, Buchy P. Environment: a potential source of animal and human infection with influenza A(H5N1) virus. Influenza Other Respi Viruses. 2012;6:442–8.
- Fournié G, Guitian J, Desvaux S, Mangtani P, Ly S, Cong VC, Identifying live bird markets with the potential to act as reservoirs of avian influenza A (H5N1) virus: a survey in northern Viet Nam and Cambodia. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37986.
- Wan XF, Dong L, Lan Y, Long LP, Xu C, Zou S, Indications that live poultry markets are a major source of human H5N1 influenza virus infection in China. J Virol. 2011;85:13432–8.
- Wang M, Di B, Zhou DH, Zheng BJ, Jing H, Lin YP, Food markets with live birds as source of avian influenza. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12:1773–5.
- Indriani R, Samaan G, Gultom A, Loth L, Indryani S, Adjid R, Environmental sampling for avian influenza virus A(H5N1) in live-bird markets, Indonesia. Emerg Infect Dis. 2010;16:1889–95.
- Leung YHC, Zhang LJ, Chow CK, Tsang CL, Ng CF, Wong CK, Poultry drinking water used for avian influenza surveillance. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:1380–2.
- Deboosere N, Horm SV, Delobel A, Gachet J, Buchy P, Vialette M. Viral elution and concentration method for detection of influenza A viruses in mud by real-time RT-PCR. J Virol Methods. 2012;179:148–53.
- Horm SV, Deboosere N, Gutiérrez RA, Vialette M, Buchy P. Direct detection of highly pathogenic avian influenza A/H5N1 virus from mud specimens. J Virol Methods. 2011;176:69–73.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: January 22, 2013
Page updated: January 22, 2013
Page reviewed: January 22, 2013
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.