Volume 19, Number 3—March 2013
Cryptococcus gattii, Florida, USA, 2011
- Datta K, Bartlett KH, Baer R, Byrnes E, Galanis E, Heitman J, Spread of Cryptococcus gattii into Pacific Northwest region of the United States. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:1185–91.
- Brandt ME, Hutwagner LC, Klug LA, Baughman WS, Rimland D, Graviss EA, Molecular subtype distribution of Cryptococcus neoformans in four areas of the United States. Cryptococcal Disease Active Surveillance Group. J Clin Microbiol. 1996;34:912–7 .
- Meyer W, Aanensen DM, Boekhout T, Cogliati M, Diaz MR, Esposto MC, Consensus multi-locus sequence typing scheme for Cryptococcus neoformans and Cryptococcus gattii. Med Mycol. 2009;47:561–70.
- Harris J, Lockhart S, Chiller T. Cryptococcus gattii: where do we go from here? Med Mycol. 2012;50:113–29.
- Bovers M, Hagen F, Kuramae EE, Boekhout T. Six monophyletic lineages identified within Cryptococcus neoformans and Cryptococcus gattii by multi-locus sequence typing. Fungal Genet Biol. 2008;45:400–21.
- Kidd SE, Hagen F, Tscharke RL, Huynh M, Bartlett KH, Fyfe M, A rare genotype of Cryptococcus gattii caused the cryptococcosis outbreak on Vancouver Island (British Columbia, Canada). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:17258–63.
- Byrnes EJ III, Bildfell R, Frank SA, Mitchell TG, Marr KA, Heitman J. Molecular evidence that the range of the Vancouver Island outbreak of Cryptococcus gattii infection expanded into the Pacific Northwest in the United States. J Infect Dis. 2009;199:1081–6.
- Duncan C, Stephen C, Campbell J. Clinical characteristics and predictors of mortality for Cryptococcus gattii infection in dogs and cats of southwestern British Columbia. Can Vet J. 2006;47:993–8.
- Chan ED, Kong PM, Fennelly K, Dwyer AP, Iseman MD. Vertebral osteomyelitis due to infection with nontuberculous Mycobacterium species after blunt trauma to the back: 3 examples of the principle of locus minoris resistentiae. Clin Infect Dis. 2001;32:1506–10.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Emergence of Cryptococcus gattii—Pacific Northwest, 2004–2010. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010;59:865–8.
Page created: February 13, 2013
Page updated: February 13, 2013
Page reviewed: February 13, 2013
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.