Volume 20, Number 4—April 2014
Serologic Evidence of Leptospirosis in Humans, Union of the Comoros, 2011
- Levett PN. Leptospirosis. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2001;14:296–326 .
- Bourhy P, Collet L, Lernout T, Zinini F, Hartskeerl RA, van der Linden H, Human Leptospira isolates circulating in Mayotte (Indian Ocean) have unique serological and molecular features. J Clin Microbiol. 2012;50:307–11.
- Picardeau M. Diagnosis and epidemiology of leptospirosis. Med Mal Infect. 2013;43:1–9.
- Bourhy P, Collet L, Clément S, Huerre M, Ave P, Giry C, Isolation and characterization of new Leptospira genotypes from patients in Mayotte (Indian Ocean). PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2010;4:e724.
- Pappas G, Papadimitriou P, Siozopoulou V, Christou L, Akritidis N. The globalization of leptospirosis: worldwide incidence trends. Int J Infect Dis. 2008;12:351–7.
- Simon F, Morand G, Roche C, Coton T, Kraemer P, Fournier P-E, Leptospirosis in a French traveler returning from Mauritius. J Travel Med. 2012;19:69–71.
- Rahelinirina S, Léon A, Harstskeerl RA, Sertour N, Ahmed A, Raharimanana C, First isolation and direct evidence for the existence of large small-mammal reservoirs of Leptospira sp. in Madagascar. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14111.
- Socolovschi C, Angelakis E, Renvoisé A, Fournier P-E, Marié JL, Davoust B, Strikes, flooding, rats, and leptospirosis in Marseille, France. Int J Infect Dis. 2011;15:e710–5.
- Desvars A, Naze F, Vourc’h G, Cardinale E, Picardeau M, Michault A, Similarities in Leptospira serogroup and species distribution in animals and humans in the Indian Ocean island of Mayotte. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2012;87:134–40.
- Lagadec E, Gomard Y, Guernier V, Dietrich M, Pascalis H, Temmam S, Pathogenic Leptospira spp. in bats, Madagascar and Union of the Comoros. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:1696–8.
Page created: March 18, 2014
Page updated: March 18, 2014
Page reviewed: March 18, 2014
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.