Volume 20, Number 8—August 2014
Phylogenetic Analysis of West Nile Virus Genome, Iran
- Bakonyi T, Hubalek Z, Rudolf I, Nowotny N. Novel flavivirus or new lineage of West Nile virus, central Europe. Emerg Infect Dis. 2005;11:225–31.
- Papa A, Bakonyi T, Xanthopoulou K, Vázquez A, Tenorio A, Nowotny N. Genetic characterization of West Nile virus lineage 2, Greece, 2010. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:920–2.
- Papa A, Xanthopoulou K, Gewehr S, Mourelatos S. Detection of West Nile virus lineage 2 in mosquitoes during a human outbreak in Greece. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2011;17:1176–80.
- Bondre VP, Jadi R, Mishra A, Yergolkar P, Arankalle V. West Nile virus isolates from India: evidence for a distinct genetic lineage. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:875–84.
- Botha EM, Markotter W, Wolfaardt M, Paweska JT, Swanepoel R, Palacios G, Genetic determinants of virulence in pathogenic lineage 2 West Nile virus strains. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:222–30 .
- Chinikar S, Javadi A, Ataei B, Shakeri H, Moradi M, Mostafavi E, Detection of West Nile virus genome and specific antibodies in Iranian encephalitis patients. Epidemiol Infect. 2012;140:1525–9 .
- Chinikar S, Shah-Hosseini N, Bouzari S, Jalali T, Shokrgozar MA, Mostafavi E. New circulating genomic variant of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus in Iran. Arch Virol. 2013;
- Kumar S, Tamura K, Jakobsen IB, Nei M. MEGA2: molecular evolutionary genetics analysis software. Bioinformatics. 2001;17:1244–5.
- Bakonyi T, Ivanics E, Erdelyi K, Ursu K, Ferenczi E, Weissenbock H, Lineage 1 and 2 strains of encephalitic West Nile virus, central Europe. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12:618–23.
- Chinikar S, Shah-Hosseini N, Mostafavi E, Moradi M, Khakifirouz S, Jalali T, Seroprevalence of West Nile virus in Iran. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2013;13:586–9.
Page created: July 01, 2014
Page updated: July 01, 2014
Page reviewed: July 01, 2014
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.