Volume 21, Number 2—February 2015
Optimizing Distribution of Pandemic Influenza Antiviral Drugs
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Seasonal influenza (flu), 2013 [cited 2014 Jan 23]. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/antivirals/whatyoushould.htm
- International SOS. Pandemic preparedness: past influenza pandemics, 2013 [cited 2014 Jan 23]. https://www.internationalsos.com/pandemicpreparedness/SubCatLevel.aspx?li=11&language-ID=eng&subCatID=5
- Dawood FS, Iuliano AD, Reed C, Meltzer MI, Shay DK, Cheng PY, Estimated global mortality associated with the first 12 months of 2009 pandemic influenza A H1N1 virus circulation: a modelling study. Lancet Infect Dis. 2012;12:687–95.
- US Agency for International Development. Pandemic influenza and other emerging threats, 2013 [cited 2014 Jan 23]. http://www.usaid.gov/what-we-do/global-health/pandemic-influenza-and-other-emerging-threats.
- World Health Organization. Avian influenza, 2014 [cited 2014 Mar]. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/avian_influenza/en/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Avian influenza current situation, 2014 [cited 2014 Jan 23]. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avianflu/avian-flu-summary.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Avian influenza A (H7N9) virus, 2014 [cited 2014 Jan 23]. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avianflu/h7n9-virus.htm
- Schnirring L. Pace of H7N9 cases in China continues unabated, 2014 [2014 Jan 23]. http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2014/01/pace-h7n9-cases-china-continues-unabated
- Couch RB. Measures for control of influenza. Pharmacoeconomics. 1999;16:41–5 and.
- Roth DZ, Henr B. Social distancing as a pandemic influenza prevention measure, 2011 [cited 2014 January 23]. http://www.nccid.ca/files/Evidence_Reviews/H1N1_3_final.pdf
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Prevention and control of seasonal influenza with vaccines. Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices—United States, 2013–2014. MMWR Recomm Rep. 2013;62:1–43.
- Bregu M, Draper SJ, Hill AV, Greenwood BM. Accelerating vaccine development and deployment: report of a Royal Society satellite meeting. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2011;366:2841–9.
- Longini IM, Halloran ME, Nizam A, Yang Y. Containing pandemic influenza with antiviral agents. Am J Epidemiol. 2004;159:623–33.
- Longini IM, Nizam A, Xu S, Ungchusak K, Hanshaoworakul W, Cummings DA, Containing pandemic influenza at the source. Science. 2005;309:1083–7.
- Ferguson NM, Cummings DA, Cauchemez S, Fraser C, Riley S, Meeyai A, Strategies for containing an emerging influenza pandemic in Southeast Asia. Nature. 2005;437:209–14.
- Becker NG, Wang D. Can antiviral drugs contain pandemic influenza transmission? PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17764.
- Atkins CY, Patel A, Taylor TH Jr, Biggerstaff M, Merlin TL, Dulin SM, Estimating effect of antiviral drug use during pandemic (H1N1) 2009 outbreak, United States. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:1591–8.
- US Department of Health and Human Services. HHS pandemic influenza plan, 2005 [cited 2013 Nov 11]. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/pdf/professionals/hhspandemicinfluenzaplan.pdf
- Virginia Department of Health. Antiviral distribution plan: attachment pandemic influenza, 2009 [cited 2013 Dec 8]. http://www.vdh.state.va.us/oep/documents/2009/docs/VDH%20PanFlu%20Plan%20Supplement%207%20-%20Antiviral%20Dist%20&%20Use%209-24-2009.doc
- Office of Public Health, State of Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals. Pandemic influenza guidance annex 4: antiviral, 2011 [cited 2013 Dec 9]. http://www.dhh.louisiana.gov/assets/oph/Center-CP/emergprep/AntiviralPandemicInfluenzaGuidance_Annex4_April2011.pdf
- Fairburn JB. Florida public antiviral stockpile program: emphasizing private 15 partnerships, 2009 [cited 2013 Dec 9]. http://www.nga.org/files/live/sites/NGA/files/pdf/0910HSTROUNDTABLEFAIRBURN.PDF
- Tennessee Department of Health. Tennessee antiviral distribution network: 2009 H1N1 response; 2009 [cited 2013 Dec 8]. http://tnafp.org/documents/TennesseeAntiviralDistributionNetwork_002.pdf
- Institute of Medicine (US). Forum on medical and public health preparedness for catastrophic events. The 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccination campaign: summary of a workshop series, 2010 [cited 2014 Mar 26]. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK54181/
- Dimitrov NB, Goll S, Hupert N, Pourbohloul B, Meyers LA. Optimizing tactics for use of the U.S. antiviral strategic national stockpile for pandemic influenza. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16094.
- Texas Department of State Health Services. Texas antiviral distribution network toolkit, 2009 [cited 2013 Dec 9]. http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/practice/antiviral-distribution-control-h1n1-tx
- Litaker JR, Stabeno DC, McGlothlin M, Chou JY, Ramon MM. Response to the novel H1N1 pandemic influenza (2009 and 2010): final report to the Texas Department of State Health Services; 2010 [cited 2014 Oct 24]. http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/sites/default/files/public/php/566/566_aar.pdf
- US Department of Transportation. Data extraction tool and visualization prototypes, 2009 [cited 2013 Aug 30]. http://nhts.ornl.gov/det/
- Meyers LA. Texas pandemic flu toolkit, 2013 [cited 2014 Jan 26]. http://flu.tacc.utexas.edu
- Texas State Board of Pharmacy. Download tables for license verifications, 2013 [2013 Dec 25]. http://www.tsbp.state.tx.us/dbsearch/tables.asp
- US Census Bureau. ZIP code tabulation areas (ZCTAs), 2013 [cited 2013 Aug 30]. http://www.census.gov/geo/reference/zctas.html
- Mapper UDS. ZIP code to ZCTA crosswalk, 2014 [cited 2014 Jan 30]. http://www.udsmapper.org/zcta-crosswalk.cfm
- Daskin MS. Network and discrete location: models, algorithms, and applications. New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc.; 2013.
- Brandeau ML, Sainfort F, Pierskalla WP. Operations research and health care: a handbook of methods and applications. Vol. 70. New York: Springer; 2004.
- Rubin SE, Schulman RM, Roszak AR, Herrmann J, Patel A, Koonin LM. Leveraging partnerships among community pharmacists, pharmacies, and health departments to improve pandemic influenza response. Biosecur Bioterror. 2014;12:76–84.
- US Census Bureau. 2010 census gazetteer files, 2010 [cited 2013 Aug 14]. http://www.census.gov/geo/maps-data/data/gazetteer2010.html
- Reilly WJ. The law of retail gravitation. New York: Knickerbocker Press; 1931.
- Huff DL. Defining and estimating a trade area. J Mark. 1964;28:34–8.
Page created: January 20, 2015
Page updated: January 20, 2015
Page reviewed: January 20, 2015
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.